Default Which Vacuum to Get from The Following List??

I just acquired a Bona Spray Mop and Electrolux Ergo Rapido for cleaning our hardwood floors. Now I need to replace our current vacuum that we use for cleaning carpets in our three bedrooms. We currently have the Shark Lift Away Navigator:

http://www.amazon.com/Shark-Navigato...5826362&sr=1-1

It feels cheaply made, it's pretty heavy, and the suction power seems weak to me. We bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond a month ago, so I can still take it back and exchange it for a superior product. Which of their vacuums should I get for cleaning our medium length carpets? I suppose I don't want another bagless vacuum because I can never empty the dust container without letting the dust go everywhere, and from what I understand, the non-bagless models will always have superior suction power. Not sure of the budget just yet, but under $200 would be preferred.

List of upright vacuums at BBB:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/styl...nt=0&ipp=1000&

BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Dyson. Seriously. YES it's insanely expensive, but you can use those 20% off coupons at BB&B to help. You'll never need another vacuum. It isn't just hype, the Dyson defines hype.

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyH View Post
    Dyson. Seriously. YES it's insanely expensive, but you can use those 20% off coupons at BB&B to help. You'll never need another vacuum. It isn't just hype, the Dyson defines hype.
    I agree. We spent sooooooo much on vacuums because they would lose suction or break so we finally sprung for the Dyson and it's still going 4 years later, just like new.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you can go above that budget: Dyson all.the.way. Worth every penny.

If not I'd probably go for an Electrolux.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

We love our Hoover Windtunnel bagless vacuum. Had it for a couple years and still going strong. I think we bought it at Sears, but I can't remember now. I looked at your link, and there were bagged Hoovers, I didn't notice bagless there. It's not messy. DH always vacuums and empties it, and trust me, if it were messy, I would find the mess!

I don't have personal experience with Dyson, but I know 2 different families who are not happy with their Dyson. If you do get it at BBB, try it for a month and if you don't like it, return it.
    DD 6/10

thanks so much everyone!! which Dyson do you recommend??

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have the Dyson dc25 Animal. I like how easy it is to maneuver, I tried that one and the DC28 at Sears, and although the DC28 has more features it felt much heavier to me.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012