Thread: T Ball snacks

Default T Ball snacks

This is my first go-round with kids in sports. We have our first T Ball game Monday night ( a double header) and I agreed to bring drinks and snacks.

I've never even been to a kids ball game before... so what do you more experienced Mamas suggest would be good for snacks? It will likely be extremely hot outside, so I'll definitely have cold drinks. But what about for in between their games?

Thanks!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Please don't bring Twinkies.... That was the "after game snack" today. A drink with red coloring that my child can't have, followed by a twinkie that she's not allowed. Major bummer for us.

I would recommed something like a Capri Sun and maybe peanut butter crackers or Ritz Bits sandwiches or such, assuming there's no peanut allergies. Quick, easy, no fussing, and no sticky fingers.
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The norm around here is usually a sports drink and some sort of starchy snack like granola bars or goldfish crackers. I'd prefer water and something with protein, but since it is only once a week I go with the flow.
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We've had capri sun and goldfish; water and graham cracker packs; juice boxes and a range of chips (a la Costco).
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wow, a t-ball double header?? Thats long for young kids. How many innings do they play? We play 3 and I think I might go batty if I had to sit through 2 games in a row. What time will it be? After dinner? I think chips/gold fish and plently of drinks would be good. Most kids will (or should) have a water bottle with them so maybe a capri sun or gatorade for between games. My kids play soccer and the standard half-time snack when it is hot is sliced oranges. The kids devour a 5lb bag in like 2 minutes. Bring a bag for the garbage and a pack of wipes for messy hands if you do this.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

I usually take fruit for kids to eat during the game (e.g., orange slices, watermelon slices, grapes) and then a snack for after the game--this always seems to be a hit with the kids. For after the game, granola bars, crackers, mozzarella cheese sticks, 100% fruit leathers, etc. are nice. I also like taking cold water or fruit juice.

I personally try not to give my kids items with food coloring so I don't take items with it either. (But Gatorade is still commonly brought by other parents.)

Yea, I'm not at all excited about a double header. Not sure what genius thought 3 and 4 year olds could handle this! Each game is 45 mins. The first is at 5:30, the second at 6:25. So, right through dinner.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be going to Sam's tomorrow.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The norm is granola bars or chips and juice boxes

Beth

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bring orange slices, watermelon or grapes for halftime and then Capri Suns and some sort of chips for after the game.

I would avoid peanut butter crackers because there's probably no way of knowing whether someone is allergic and so many kids are.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

mytwosons is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You'd have to bring a cooler, but gogurts are popular here. You can get dye-free ones from TJs or get the "simply gogurt" ones from the regular grocery store.

Frozen fruit bars are also very popular after the game this time of the year.