Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thank you all! It turns out, after looking into it, that my cervix is actually normal - yay!!! So I'm off bedrest, back to normal activity, though I'm supposed to "ease back into things", so no Zumba for now.

Sounds like you all are doing great!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

1. What is your story? Why do you want to get fit? What are your fitness goals--diet, exercise, weight, short term, long term, etc.

I have got back to my pre-pg weight but I still have mommy belly. It look very obvious as I have somewhat skinny body(size 2). My goal is to make it go away and have my flat ab back.

2. How do you plan to get fit? Specifics, please (and start small!) I just bought the Turbo on fire DVD sets. I haven't started yet. I want a result quick. So normal exercise wouldn't work for me. From my previous experience, I can lose the belly if I go to the cycling classes but no time for gym.

3. What are your obstacles/excuses, and how to you plan to overcome them?
    No time to go to the gym. I have three young children under 5 and don't have any nannies/sitters/helps.

4. Who can help you reach your goals? (DH, fitness buddies, trainer, etc) My own motivation.

5. How are you doing right now?
    I will start after I get my new shoes.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    Thank you all! It turns out, after looking into it, that my cervix is actually normal - yay!!! So I'm off bedrest, back to normal activity, though I'm supposed to "ease back into things", so no Zumba for now.
    Great news. Take it easy, there's no need to be pushing yourself too much.

brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenpig View Post
    Thanks brgnmom for the recs for 30 day shred. I actually found the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred on my Comcast On Demand, so I was able to do it for free without buying any DVDs! I tried it for the first time tonight and thought it was great! I like working out with dumbbells (my old Firm DVDs did the same thing, a lot of lunges and steps while holding weights, combination of cardio and weight lifting)--it feels more effective than just plain cardio. I also like that the sessions are less than half an hour. I just don't have a whole hour to spend exercising. Even so, tonight DS decided to wake up during the middle of the workout (even though I just put him to bed an hour earlier) and I made DH go rock him back to sleep (I think he was a bit annoyed that I didn't go to DS, but honestly, can't I have a half hour to myself?)

The elliptical is OK, but honestly it's a little boring to spend half an hour doing the same thing. I might keep doing this 30 Day Shred instead. The only uncomfortable thing though, was (sorry if TMI!) when I was doing the jumping jacks, I kept feeling like I needed to pee really badly even though my bladder was empty. I guess having two kids did something to my pelvic muscles. As I said, I haven't exercised since having the kids. Maybe I need to do some Kegels. I looked into the Zumba, but it looks like it's over $50 for the set. And I looked at the promo video, and I just do not think my hips are capable of moving that fast . Plus I always feel a little silly dancing, esp when DH comes into the room and watches me exercise.

OK, random but I have to confess...I eat way too many jelly beans.

That's part of why I want to get fit, I want to set a good example for the kids so they will get in the habit of being active/healthy.

hi GP and everyone in this thread,

it's been a pretty hectic week (Dh has had to work till midnight most of last week, and so my days have been pretty filled w/ errands for the family), but I'm glad to be back. I have to admit that I still haven't worked out at the gym, but I'm within a few pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. DD started crawling recently, and she and my DS have been keeping me pretty active. ITA w/ your sentiment and desire to be a positive role model for the kids.

I crave ice cream during the summer months, but I've been trying to eat more fruits versus the yummy sugary treats.

Not much else to update, but just wanted to say hi & glad to see some new mamas. I hope your fitness goals are coming all well!

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

MommyAllison - glad to hear all's well!! Don't rush into anything though! Take it easy - we will all be here.

Just finished my 1st day of Round 1 of 30 Day Shred....it kicked my butt! But it was good. How often are you supposed to do it?

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

So this week hasn't been so great. I got to pilates on Monday, and I'll go tomorrow. I didn't go to Zumba or do any eliptical - tired and needed to study. My eating wasn't so great on Tues or Wed. But I'm going to finish strong - pilates tomorrow, eliptical Sat, and I'll be better about eating...

Hope everyone is doing well.

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Me too I've totally been slacking this week. So tired after work and I still have a lot of work to catch up on. Tomorrow I'll get back in the saddle. Niccig, how did the exam go?
    BTW, welcome Moonsky! Great to have you on board. And MommyAllison, glad you're off bed rest.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just checking in. OK, so I didn't exercise all week--but today I did the third day of week 1 of 30DS. I've decided that instead of making a set schedule and feeling bad about not working out, I will try to feel good about each time I do find time to exercise. Even one time a week is better than what I was doing before. Also, I feel like having you guys is key because I feel more accountable and thus more likely to drag my butt off the couch if I have to report to you all. Even though I took a bit of a break, I feel like today was easier than the first time I did the 30DS. I even kept the 3lb weights in my hands during the boxing and jump rope parts and it felt like even more of a workout for my arms. I may even move up to 5 lb weights next time for the bicep curls and chest flies. However, I HATE push ups! Those never get any easier. I think I may end up buying the DVD, because part of the reason I didn't exercise this week was because DH was using the Xbox and by the time he was done I just wanted to go to sleep. If I get the DVD I can use the portable DVD player and exercise in our bedroom.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenpig View Post
    Just checking in. OK, so I didn't exercise all week--but today I did the third day of week 1 of 30DS. I've decided that instead of making a set schedule and feeling bad about not working out, I will try to feel good about each time I do find time to exercise. Even one time a week is better than what I was doing before. Also, I feel like having you guys is key because I feel more accountable and thus more likely to drag my butt off the couch if I have to report to you all. Even though I took a bit of a break, I feel like today was easier than the first time I did the 30DS. I even kept the 3lb weights in my hands during the boxing and jump rope parts and it felt like even more of a workout for my arms. I may even move up to 5 lb weights next time for the bicep curls and chest flies. However, I HATE push ups! Those never get any easier. I think I may end up buying the DVD, because part of the reason I didn't exercise this week was because DH was using the Xbox and by the time he was done I just wanted to go to sleep. If I get the DVD I can use the portable DVD player and exercise in our bedroom.
    I think the DVD is super cheap on Amazon right now. I also hate the pushups in level 1. I do them modified but can do them all now.

So I am officially done with level 1 of the 30 day shred! 10 days in a row!! I have lost about 2 lbs but have lost even more inches - below boobs, waist, thigh, and neck. I highly suggest taking measurements since your body can change so much and your weight might not.

I start day 2 tomorrow and also hope to do the elliptical this weekend too. I think the extra cardio really helps!
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How's everyone doing???

I haven't made it to the gym much this week - but I have been busting my butt at home doing things like getting my garage organized. Today I spent about 6 hours out there, and I literally sweated off 2 pounds!! So nasty this humidity is!!

The diet has mostly started. I have decided not to do it totally hardcore - it's just too difficult to follow with little kids, etc. But I have added a lot more veggies, and cut back on portions. I am just doing a protein shake for lunch. Hopefully results will be good soon.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5