Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    I've made a schedule for myself!! And I made it to Pilates class today - which was on my schedule for today!! Woo-Hoo!!
    I went to pilates as well this morning. Normally I go to 6.15 or 7am class. It's the only class I've ever willingly got out of bed for.

Yay for getting there today..do you feel better? I always feel much taller afterwards.

Can I join?? I am really trying get back in shape both for myself and my family.

1. What is your story? Why do you want to get fit? What are your fitness goals--diet, exercise, weight, short term, long term, etc.

I have always struggled with my weight. After 2 kids in 2 years it is kind of depressing how heavy I got when I was pregnant and how hard it is to dedicate time to yourself when you have little kids around- as you all know!!! I want to be happier and healthier for myself and for my family and set a good example for my girls!
    I have A LOT of weight to loose- I lost 45 pounds since the end of February doing weight watchers- but have about 100 to go- so it seems like a daunting task when I think of it that way :-)

2. How do you plan to get fit? Specifics, please (and start small!)
    I have started to get fit (the weight I already lost) by changing my eating habits and being more mindful of what I put in my mouth!

3. What are your obstacles/excuses, and how to you plan to overcome them?
    My current obstacle is reaching a plateau and I know I really NEED to exercise more to continue to loose weight. Problem is finding a consistent time to do so- my 17 month old still doesn't sleep through the night - sigh- so it is hard to know if it will be a 3:30AM morning or a midnight visit with her. I decided to try and work out around 6AM and bring her in the basement in a play yard with toys- tried this out today and she yelled the whole time- whooping 15 minutes I did the elliptical- note I did also walk for about 35 minutes pushing the double stroller up several big hills- am I going to be able to walk tomorrow- maybe/maybe not :-)

4. Who can help you reach your goals? (DH, fitness buddies, trainer, etc)
    My DH and sister are doing weight watchers too. I would love to work out with my sister, but between my 3 year old and 17 month old and her 2 year old- timing is a problem!

5. How are you doing right now?
    My eating habits are actually quite improved, but working out needs to happen consistently!

Good luck to everyone on their journey to health!!

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I went to pilates as well this morning. Normally I go to 6.15 or 7am class. It's the only class I've ever willingly got out of bed for.

Yay for getting there today..do you feel better? I always feel much taller afterwards.
    I tried a new class - she killed me. Didn't help that I haven't been in a couple of weeks. But I'm sticking with it! I love Pilates class. I plan on trying some Yoga classes this week as well.

Tomorrow I can't go because I have to get fitted for a 24 hour holter monitor by my cardiologist. Boo. Then I can't go Wednesday either because I have to get it off at the same time the next day!! But I plan on doing my elliptical and doing a bike ride with my new bike trailer. Tried it out empty today to make sure I wouldn't turn the kids over in it!! I've never ridden a bike with a trailer on it. The extra weight will be a real workout!!

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hi ladies - I want to join in! I haven't been on much since the Tapatalk app isn't working and I mostly check the board on my phone or unless I get email updates. Anyway, here are my answers...
    1. What is your story? Why do you want to get fit? What are your fitness goals--diet, exercise, weight, short term, long term, etc.
    Just had my second baby 2.5 months ago. Gained about 45 while pregnant and still 15 lbs above pp weight. Would love to go 5-10 lbs below that. I want to get fit so I look better, feel better, sleep better. I already eat pretty healthy but I feel and look out of shape. Would love to be able to have a flat stomach, strong arms, and legs.

2. How do you plan to get fit? Specifics, please (and start small!)
    I bought 30 Day Shred on amazon and I am going to start on Friday. I know it's going to kick my butt though! Also, more walking with the baby while my older son is in camp and keep watching what I eat.

3. What are your obstacles/excuses, and how to you plan to overcome them?
    Time! And staying at home with two kids and not having any privacy to do things. I'm hoping to 30DS when DS is at camp or at night once he is in bed and DH can take DD for me.

4. Who can help you reach your goals? (DH, fitness buddies, trainer, etc)
    Not sure, my sister has the 30DS and I'm trying to convince her to do it with me so we're on the same day.

5. How are you doing right now?
    Haven't started truly exercising yet, besides walking up and down a million flights of stairs and wearing bouncing the baby all day long.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

Okay - Monday I did a new Pilates class that KICKED MY BUTT!! Still sore! Yesterday I had to get a 24 hour holter monitor on for cardiac issues so I couldn't work out, and today I have to go and get it removed, so I won't be able to go to my normal class at the gym. But I will try to bike ride later if it's not 105 degrees outside.

I just bought the 30 Day Shred Jillian Michaels DVD!!! I'm pumped. I've heard some seriously good things about it.

For those who have it, or have tried it - what do I need? Weights?

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just did day 1 of 30DS! You need a yoga mat if you have a hard floor for ab exercises and hand weights (3-5 lbs).

I took measurements and everything this morning and I am hoping to see a difference in a month.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Welcome, mom2MandC and alirebco!
    mom2MandC--wow, 45 lb lost! That is awesome! Way to go! You should be so proud of yourself! I think the combo of dietary changes and exercise is really going to make the weight keep coming off.

alirebco, congrats on the new baby! Don't stress too much about losing the baby weight right now...it took 9 months to put on so give yourself at least that much time to lose it. It took me about a year both times. Sounds like a lot of us are trying the 30 Day Shred. That would be great if your sister can do it with you. I also usually have to wait till DC are in bed to exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    Okay - Monday I did a new Pilates class that KICKED MY BUTT!! Still sore! Yesterday I had to get a 24 hour holter monitor on for cardiac issues so I couldn't work out, and today I have to go and get it removed, so I won't be able to go to my normal class at the gym. But I will try to bike ride later if it's not 105 degrees outside.

I just bought the 30 Day Shred Jillian Michaels DVD!!! I'm pumped. I've heard some seriously good things about it.

For those who have it, or have tried it - what do I need? Weights?
    lhafer, all you need (at least for week 1) is a pair of dumbbells--I didn't see any weight specified but I used 3 lb ones to start. I didn't want to overdo it. I may move up to 5 lb later, but even with the 3 lb ones I was sore all over the next day. And a yoga mat if you have hardwood (I have a rug so I didn't use one). Just be careful when you start--they make you do some higher impact things like jumping jacks, pretend jump rope and lunges etc. which could be hard on the knees. I've done it twice so far. My knees are OK but my back is still a bit sore, maybe from one exercise where they have you bend forward at the waist while doing flies with the dumbbells. I think I may have to modify that one next time. What are you getting the Holter for? Hope you're OK--let us know how it goes. Did they say it was OK for you to exercise?
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Quote Originally Posted by goldenpig View Post
    lhafer, all you need (at least for week 1) is a pair of dumbbells--I didn't see any weight specified but I used 3 lb ones to start. I didn't want to overdo it. I may move up to 5 lb later, but even with the 3 lb ones I was sore all over the next day. And a yoga mat if you have hardwood (I have a rug so I didn't use one). Just be careful when you start--they make you do some higher impact things like jumping jacks, pretend jump rope and lunges etc. which could be hard on the knees. I've done it twice so far. My knees are OK but my back is still a bit sore, maybe from one exercise where they have you bend forward at the waist while doing flies with the dumbbells. I think I may have to modify that one next time. What are you getting the Holter for? Hope you're OK--let us know how it goes. Did they say it was OK for you to exercise?
    When DD2 was 3 months old I started having a really irregular heartbeat, felt like I was going to faint and drop the baby (I had to put her on the floor where ever I happened to be when a spell would hit), etc. I went to a cariodologist and got put on medication.

I just started seeing a new cardiologist who's closer to me - and he was redoing the tests I had done before to see if the medication is working. I need to loose a lot of weight. He agreed. They know I do some forms of excercise. I know my body well, and I can tell if I am overdoing it - so I watch it closely and ramp it down if it gets too strenuous.

That's one of the things working against me - my medication. It makes me gain weight. But right now there's not much I can do about it. But I need to get my cardiovascular system in better shape, and I am hoping by doing that I can eventually get rid of the medication. I have no idea why my heart started having an arrythmia.

Soooo - How's everyone doing???

I just finished a Soul Grooves class. It was okay/good. Got a workout for sure. But not sure if I would want to do it every week.

I need something to start working on my arms. I'm not one of those people who would go to the gym and lift weights without a trainer (and don't have the budget for a trainer).

Know any good classes that would work my arms???

I just finished day 2 of 30 DS. I was so sore after the first day I had to skip a day. But, I feel good today and think I can physically do it daily.... Now just to find the time once kids get done with VBS this week.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast