Default What to wear for 70-80 degree weather at DL?

We are going to DL in Sept. I have read advice re: shoes on DISboards (running shoes, preferably a size bigger to accommodate swelling, and high performance socks to wick away moisture). But clothes and accessories?

I will have our double stroller, so I hope not to carry a purse/backpack. Snacks, sunblock, water, and diapers can go underneath the BJCMD. I also don't plan to go on GRR or Splash so I don't think I will get wet unless it rains in September.

What do you think of this plan:

- Shorts with pockets (preferably zippable?) so I can carry ID, tickets, cash, credit cards, and iPhone. I was planning on skipping the lanyard as I'm afraid my tickets /cash/ID will fall out. Am i being too paranoid?
    - sleeveless tank top (I don't want a farmer's tan though I know I will get a sock tan)
    - some sort of hat (I have jet-black hair and it will got HOT!). But I'm not sure what style (baseball cap? Floppy hat that I have to hold on fast rides?)
    - sunglasses

Any other necessary accessories?

For DH and the DDS, I assume similar outfits but i may give DD1 a Disney lanyard. But do kids need to wear sneakers? DD1 prefers sandals and we will have the stroller.

Thanks!

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

While we were there it was high 80's and sunny for 2 days, and then mid or high 60's and overcast for the other days. (During these days, I could pick out the locals b/c they were wearing down North Face jackets - I kid you not. )

Anyway, for me I had shorts and a tank top, with a zipable jacket over for the mornings when it was cooler. It was pretty much a zip up sweatshirt. I wore Crocs flip flops and Merrell Flip flops those were both so comfy. I didn't even bring sneakers! On the cooler days I had capris. I also have black hair and didn't do a hat (for some reason I never remember a hat when in SoCal, DUH!!), and it was fine. For me I would have brought a baseball hat.

DDs (ages 5 & 7) wore pretty much the same. Shorts/skorts, tank and jacket, or pants on the cool days. They wore crocs the whole time.

We had a stroller for 2 of the 3.5 days, and carried a backpack daily. Didn't do lanyards, but kept everything in our pockets of buried down deep in the back pack. I didn't trust the kids to carry their own tix, etc., and if we needed them for fast passes it was easier to have them all together.

Have fun!!!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    While we were there it was high 80's and sunny for 2 days, and then mid or high 60's and overcast for the other days. (During these days, I could pick out the locals b/c they were wearing down North Face jackets - I kid you not. )
    Hey! Who you laughin' at?

One thing to keep in mind, you can rent lockers at DL/DCA as well as in the area near guest services in the promenade. When we had annual passes, we would do that if we had jackets we didn't feel like schlepping, or for our purchases. You can go in and out of the lockers as much as you want. I think they were $5-7, but that was 3 years ago. (sniffle).

I just wore shorts, whatever top I wanted, and comfy sandals. I'm not a sneakers fan though. I like have two pair of shoes, just because I think wearing the same pair for long hours for 2+ days make my feet sore. I never wore a hat.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Momto1 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I was there a few weeks ago and it was in the high 80s. I was wearing a ribbed tank top and jeans. The tank top was awesome (with sunscreen!), but I regretted wearing the jeans. Next time I'll probably wear capris. I don't really like wearing shorts unless they're knee-length because of all the sitting down on plastic benches/rides (sticky!).

I carried a LeSportSac Kasey cross-body with the essentials/valuables and kept everything else on the stroller.
    WOHM to DD, born 5/4/09

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Disneyland or Disneyworld? I think swelling is more of an issue in the Florida humidity but either way I wouldn't size up my shoes. Is foot swelling in heat an issue you have? If so, ignore me. For those temps I'd probably do capris and a tank top.

Beth

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

September often is the hottest month around here. BUT keep in mind that evenings can get cool--or not. The suggestion to use a locker is a good one. You may or may not need warmer layers in the evening once the sun goes down.

about spotting the locals. Yeah, we are thin skinned. I spent 6 years in Michigan and got pretty used to the cold. But it wasn't long after moving back here that I was freezing to death when it dropped below 70.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My set up as far as bags go is a small, flat purse that I carry with my at all times. It contains a single diaper, small wipes case, small wallet, phone, camera, basic essentials.
    This is a SMALL purse. I carry it with me on the rides and it's mainly to hold our valuables (camera, money- anything I don't want to just leave on the stroller) but I also like to be able to do a highspeed diaper change if needed.

Then on our stroller, I have our Skip Hop Duo hanging, with snacks, full diaper arsenal, change of baby clothes, etc.
    THEN, in the stroller basket I have another duffle bag with our jackets and hats.

Sandals should be totally fine for everyone, as long as they are your comfy walking sandals.
    DD
    DS