Default Nightmares, Anyone?

Friday night I dreamed that the baby came at 26 wks, which was terrifying.

Last night it was that I ended up giving birth at home around 10 pm, but for some reason didn't go to the hospital afterward. Then slept through the night (ha...that's a joke) and when I got up the following morning the baby wouldn't nurse....

I'm sure that it is my nerves because I feel like we aren't prepared at all....well, we're mostly fine in terms of the new baby (the only critical need is a mattress)...but DS' room isn't even remotely ready.

Anyone else having crazy dreams? I didn't have this with DS, so it's a bit strange to me.

It was actually how I KNEW I was pregnant before any of the tests showed up positive. They were intense the first trimester and are now back in the third. Mine aren't necessarily scary but always very vivid and surreal. It's like that movie, Inception.

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

OP, I have been having similar dreams. One in which its been 2-3 days since I had the baby and my breast pump is not even out of storage which made me panic in the dream. Another one about having the baby pre-term. My dream are indeed really vivid this time or I remember them more because I have to wake up to pee.
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

When I was PG with DD, I used to dream that she was born with a full set of razor sharp teeth and I was afraid to nurse her. When she was born, the first thing I did was check in her mouth and breath a huge sigh of relief.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Hehehe...good to know I'm not the only one dreaming up crazy things. I personally like the fact that in last night's dream, I gave birth to a child, then rolled over and went back to sleep for the rest of the night...so outrageously impossible!

As I said, I'm certain it is because I'm stressed with the level of preparedness in our house at this point...but I've never been one to remember dreams, so this is strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbyO View Post
    I personally like the fact that in last night's dream, I gave birth to a child, then rolled over and went back to sleep for the rest of the night
    That actually sounds more like my fantasy (not the giving birth part, but the sleeping part)
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    That actually sounds more like my fantasy (not the giving birth part, but the sleeping part)
    Well, if this birth is anything like the last one...both parts are a fantasy!

Yes, and this pregnancy has had the scariest dreams yet! With the other two, my most common pregnancy dream was something along the lines of realizing I'd forgotten to nurse the baby for a couple days, hadn't changed a diaper in a week and didn't have a diaper to change them with anyway, etc. Totally normal.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    Yes, and this pregnancy has had the scariest dreams yet! With the other two, my most common pregnancy dream was something along the lines of realizing I'd forgotten to nurse the baby for a couple days, hadn't changed a diaper in a week and didn't have a diaper to change them with anyway, etc. Totally normal.
    I dreamt I had forgotten about DD for days and looked in to a crib or pack and play and she was dead but she looked like the baby in Trainspotting.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------