Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Is/has anyone done a pale blue/pink nusery (for a girl)

If so, do you have inspiration photos or can you share what shade/brand of blue you used? Any regrets?

I recently saw one on the ratemyspace website (roomzaar.com). The walls were blue, but they decorated with pink. I found it a little strange personally, but I LOVE LOVE the wall color in DS's room. It's "interesting aqua" by Sherwin Williams and would look good with pink - less masculine than baby blue.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

Like a baby blue and baby pink? No. I'm doing a pink and aqua color scheme for DD2, with touches of green. Have you considered doing aqua or turquoise with the pink? (I'd post pictures but so far it is all in my head. :-)
    Cheri

Mommy to...
    DD1 6/2/04
    DS 3/9/07
    and finally welcomed DD2 on 8/25/2011!

Yes! We found a baby blue/pink/white striped wall paper. We painted the top half of DD's room light blue, then added a white chair molding and papered the bottom half. I bought blue gingham bedding and DD's aunt gave her a quilt that had mostly pink and blue. It turned out really cute! I don't think I have pictures...this was a previous house, but I'll check tomorrow.

crayon: that sounds so pretty - I'd love tos ee a photo!

mommytoelina - I guess I meant anything in light blue spectrum, including aqua! Do you remember what paint color you used, it sounds great! What color is the bedding?

We did a pale aqua blue with lavender and pink accents. Our furniture is medium/dark brown. The aqua blue was from lowe's Olympic paint line. I'll have to go look at the can in the basement when DD goes down for her nap.

No pictures, but I have always thought a Navy Blue and Pale Pink nursery with white furnture would be so beautiful. DD would not go for Navy Blue walls and it wouldn't have gone with our carpet.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

DD's room had pale blue walls. The furniture was white and the linens, curtains, etc were pink French toille. It really was nice and peaceful.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

I haven't done one since we don't have girls. But, it was my plan to do baby blue and pale pink if we had a girl with both pregnancies. I would have done pale blue walls with pink and blue accents. Way before I got pregnant I bought some vintage Bambi decals off ebay that are pink and blue. I actually saw them in an old house we looked at while house hunting in a sweet little room that had been a nursery at one time. I still might stick the decal to a piece of paper, frame it, and put it up in DS2s room. I also have some pale blue and pink vintage Raggedy Ann and Andy stuff. I think this color palette would be great with off white and silver accents.
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

thanks everyone. I love the descriptions and to me it just seems like it would be very pretty and like dietcoke says, peaceful.

i just don't want it to appear unconventional or strange (or seem like we really wanted a boy!) which is why I was asking - I hadn't really thought of it until I saw the PBK catalog.

thx again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast