Default Stroller that my one-year-old can sit more upright/higher in?

Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for your advice on strollers.

My son just turned one and we have two strollers - the Bob Revolution and the UppaBaby G-Luxe. I, as Mom, love them both. The Bob is awesome for jogging, park walks, hiking, etc. The G-Luxe is a good shopping/around town stroller because it's so lightweight and fits in my car, a Honda Civic.

The issue I have is that my son doesn't seem to enjoy either stroller and never has. I know it could just be him or be a phase, but one thing I've noticed is that in both of these strollers, even in their most upright position, he is still sitting in a bit of a reclined, leaned-back position. THe G-Luxe also seems very low to the ground to me.

I've been noticing other people's strollers and it seems kiddos are able to sit much more upright in some of them, almost like they'd sit in a shopping cart. The snack trays also seem nice (which neither of my strollers have).

So, could you recommend a stroller where he'd be able to sit more upright and possibly see more, etc. ? I would greatly appreciate it! I'd mainly be using it for shopping and suburban stuff. I just want something he will enjoy! Thanks!!

Most children like yours love the Peg P3. That is what I would recommend to you. Secondly, the Zooper Waltz.
    Strollerqueen

Default Totally agree

Hi there,
    I'd LOVE to hear what other's have to say about this post because my daughter is turning 1yrs old next week and she simply HATES sitting in the BOB Revolution! Half the time, I'm pushing an empty stroller while carrying her. It's exhausting!
    I'm thinking of going with the City Elite stroller (I'm not a jogger so I don't care that you can't jog with it). However, after test driving it, it was better than the BOB, but she still reclined back a bit too much for her liking.

Maybe the only option is an umbrella stroller....? Sheesh, why won't they make one 3 wheeled stroller like Bob or City Elite where the child can sit fully upright?? Sooo annoying.

Happy to hear other's thoughts.....

Quote Originally Posted by kristinaj View Post
    Hi there,
    I'd LOVE to hear what other's have to say about this post because my daughter is turning 1yrs old next week and she simply HATES sitting in the BOB Revolution! Half the time, I'm pushing an empty stroller while carrying her. It's exhausting!
    I'm thinking of going with the City Elite stroller (I'm not a jogger so I don't care that you can't jog with it). However, after test driving it, it was better than the BOB, but she still reclined back a bit too much for her liking.

Maybe the only option is an umbrella stroller....? Sheesh, why won't they make one 3 wheeled stroller like Bob or City Elite where the child can sit fully upright?? Sooo annoying.

Happy to hear other's thoughts.....
    This is actually the reason I went with the valco tri mode over the bob revo. My DD won't sit in a stroller that she can't sit straight up in.

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

LOL i felt the SAME way when my first was your age- around one, we had all these great strollers (bob, bjcm etc) but my friend's kids looked SO much happier and would sit in their strollers eatting away as they sat super upright (i remember lots of chicco cortina's) and mine always wanted out of the stroller. i hate to tell you this, but it is just a phase right around the first b-day- as they near 18 months all strollers are the same, reclined or not imo. then they can pull themselvevs to sit up. ride it out or get a p3 as strollerqueen said, i would hold onto your other strollers though for when the seat recline does not matter (it's just a few months!)....hth!
    ds- 4
    dd- 2 1/2

bob revol in navy/gray
    ingslesina swift in black on black in my car
    happy!

In the air tire category, the Bumbleride Indie is good for sitting more upright. It is also a bit higher off the ground than my MB Swift was. Also the indie comes with a bumper bar that some kids use to pull themselves forward.

Catherine