ma912 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Baby K'Tan -- Breeze or no Breeze?

I'm very excited to try the Baby K'Tan carrier as I've heard great things about it. But I can't decide whether to get the Breeze (with the mesh) or the regular one. Stores in my area have the regular one, so I've felt that fabric. It does feel like it could get hot in summer months. I haven't touched a Breeze; I can only find them online. There is a decent price difference, so I want to be sure I pick the right one.

Has anyone tried the Breeze? Is it comfortable? I read one review that said it wasn't as stretchy which made it not as comfortable. I live in the DC area so it gets VERY hot and humid in the summer. Does the regular Ktan get hot?

I have tried both - I had the original K'tan (which i love) with my first and i just recently got the breeze also. i actually love both, but i do like the breeze a bit more. the mesh is slightly less stretchy than the cotton, but there is still enough stretchiness to fit you comfortably - and i actually like that it doesn't stretch as much because then i can wear it longer without having to wash it in between. i usually put the mesh part by my shoulders/lo's face so it's breathable by their face and the cotton under their tush to make a comfy seat. but if it's cold out, i can move the mesh to my back , and lo is in the warm cotton. we both love it hope this helps!

ma912 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

That's really helpful... thanks so much! I never would've thought to put the mesh on top and the cotton on the bottom, but that makes a lot of sense.