Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No, the Gemini doesn't have the "built-in" insert like the Butterfly, but its carry pouch can be snugged up to fit a newborn ... I think it's rated from 5lbs, but the babywearing consultant I spoke with about it wasn't confident with it until 7lbs.

Thanks for the comparisons, Pikkolo owners. Looks like, with the support belt, the Pikkolo and Gemini are apples-to-apples carriers!! Both do 2 front carries (facing in and facing out), both do back carries, both can crisscross the straps in back for front carries, both have support belts (though the Gemini's is built in) and both would suit a taller mama.

So, I'd guess all it boils down to is price?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Looks like, with the support belt, the Pikkolo and Gemini are apples-to-apples carriers!!
    You should post this question on thebabywearer.com (SSC section) - someone there will tell you the exact nature of their differences. They really know their carriers. Or email Laurel at carrymeaway (she's a BBB mama and will offer a discount for BBB mamas for orders over $100) or Lorene at frogmama.com and they'll tell you exactly how the two differ.

for Sandy Hook

I love my Beco Gemini--it's super comfortable and easy to use, and my daughter loves getting carried in it.

That said, I HIGHLY recommend trying them on, if you can! I was 100% sure I wanted an Ergo or a Beco Butterfly, and then I got a chance to go to a babywearing store (with weighted baby dolls!) and I discovered that the Gemini was much more comfortable and easier to put on.

But I do think it's a very personal decision, based on what you feel is best for your body type. Some websites, like Frogmama and Paxbaby, have services where you can actually rent one or two different carriers for a short time, to see what works best for you, before you buy. If you can't get to a store, I highly recommend trying something like that out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2