Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best stroller for twins and a two y.o.

I've been looking at strollers til I'm bleery eyed and can't figure out which would work best for us. I have 13 week old twins and a 2.5 year old. Ideally I'd like to get a stroller that has a board accessory that our toddler can ride on but so far the only stroller I've seen that I can use with twins and a board is the BJCS and the reviews haven't been that great. Any suggestions from folks with twins? I really like the look of the Bob strollers but you can only have one seat with an infant carrier and it doesn't look like they have glider boards. I'm thinking we might just forgo the glider board and have a single for our twin. The infant seats aren't going to be around forever either so not being able to put them in a stroller isn't a deal breaker. Decisions, decisions...

Anyone have a suggestion?

I know the Bumblerides (indie twin) should pair with a board. And mountainbuggy duo, as well.

I think the new bumblerides will take two car seats? I know the upcoming duet (mountain buggy) also will. And both the duo and indie will take two bassinets.

Yeah, I would be looking at the Mountain Buggy Duet and the Freerider. Or the Duo if you want your 2.5 year old to be able to ride as well. I think I saw the twin bassinet for the Duo on deep discount at diapers.com the other day. Snag that, get a Duo and the new Freerider. Done.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The best ones for three kiddos IMO are:

Valco Twin Trimode with toddler seat or hitch hiker

Mountain Buggy Duo with Mountain Buggy Free Rider or Valco Hitch Hiker

A poster here also has a BJCED with a hitch hiker and she really likes it.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

mom3boys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I second the Valco Twin Trimode. Your 2.5 yo may not be ready to ride on a board full time so it's nice to have the option for the toddler seat, and he/she will probably like being up high to see everything--but you could get a hitchhiker too to place on the back. Then when your 2.5 yo is older and basically walking/riding on hitchhiker, using scooter etc. full time you can just remove the toddler seat and you have a good twin stroller for your twins.

Of course when you have the toddler seat in place you won't be able to use a carseat adapter for either twin. I know it's a bit of a PITA but I would just take them out of the seat and put them in the stroller. It's a limited period of time they are in the carseats, as you said. The recline on the Valco is flat enough for a newborn.

I do know the new 2011 Bumblerides take 2 infant seats, but I have no idea how they are with a hitchhiker board.

Also, I would not really consider either of these something you take in and out of the car frequently. For that maybe get a BJCMD and make older kid walk or wear one of the twins, or even a double snap n go (for now, I'm sure you can find a used one) with older kid walking.
    M, Mom to 3 handsome boys, '06, '08, '11

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    A poster here also has a BJCED with a hitch hiker and she really likes it.
    That's me
    I do love it. It goes into my car very easily with one strong pull and hoist, and the board can stay attached. I haven't tried them but understand the valco and MB may be harder to fold and get into the car. Mine's heavy, but my DC are heavier!

I don't use it, but I think you can likely put the BJ Glider Board on the BJCMD as well. I think with twins plus a 2yo, you're going to need both a lightweight option plus an outdoor air-tire stroller. Maybe some twin moms can chime in to tell how much they really get out in the baby days, esp. if there is a toddler sibling present. You may find that you drop the older one off at preschool and just have 2 babies or you only really take them out when you have another adult who can push a second stroller...just gotta look at what your life will look like and determine your true needs.

Wear one, push two, unless you have to for some reason push 3. I got by the first 2 years hardly using a double. Doubles are a pain, triples are worse. If you are out for exercise I'd go with the Valco if absolutely neccessary but otherwise I'd try to get out ALONE.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast