Default Newborn flying with BJCM or snap n go

hey team,

we're headed out on our first trip this fourth of july (LAX!)... be there from friday-tuesday; not sure how much actual walking we'll be doing other than from car to restaurant/etc

should i worry about the bjcm getting damaged by the airlines and just buy a used snap n go instead?

not to mention i'd have to pack/bring along the carseat adapter for the bjcm.

obviously, the bjcm would be preferred but if it's not worth the risk (getting it damaged)... id prefer to bring something dispensable.

thoughts?
    Stroller obsessed, proud father (April 21, 2011) of DS!

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, if you plan to be out and about a lot of the day while on your trip, I would take the BJCM. If going to visit family or something, and once you are at your destination and the stroller won't be used much - or you have a comfortable baby wrap/carrier, then the snap n go is fine.

I have a travel bag for mine. But I think several people have said that the double stroller red gate bag at BRU works just fine.

We've traveled a bunch of times with the BJCM and love it. We haven't bothered with a bag. But be sure to remove any stroller attachments- the only time we had an issue was when we forgot to take off the bellybar and it broke off.
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

If you are going to be using the stroller a lot at your destination I would bring the BJCM. But I've never had a stroller seriously damaged by the airline so that's my bias.

FWIW, I used a snap-n-go when I traveled with my newborn. (Well, Zapp as snap-n-go.) But I wouldn't do it again.

♥ms.pacman♥ is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

definitely BJCM. first flight with DS he was 4mo a nd we brought BJCM instead of our snap n Go. it was good because we went to a wedding that lasted 6+hrs and then did a lot of neighborhood walks, and i was glad that DS didn't spend all that time in a carseat.

i used the baby jogger stroller bag for BJCM, but i think it would have been fine without it.

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

bjcm. i'm bring my bug bee on the plane (5 hour fligher- LAX- michigan!) and am not too worried
    ds- 4
    dd- 2 1/2

bob revol in navy/gray
    ingslesina swift in black on black in my car
    happy!

so from the sounds of it, dont worry stroller getting damaged while flying. and most dont even use a travel bag?

Well, I might use some kind of bag for the BJCM since when it is folded the seat is exposed. I think umbrellas are a little safer because they kind of fold in on themselves and they are a pretty tight package.

I travel with my BJCM all the time and don't use a travel bag and it's been fine. We have layovers and I fly alone with DS so we can't put it in a bag

picked up a double red gate bag from amazon for my bjcm hopefully it does the job! we're lucky enough to have two of us with DS,