Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Mama Melrose is another option.
    I haven't eaten there in a few years, but we really liked this place. It's a wood-fired pizza place along the lines of Bertucci's if you have one of those.

Rose&Crown has the best beers in WDW. A good beer offsets many food ills in my book.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thanks guys, lots to think about. The point that DTD isn't really that big of a deal is a really good reminder. I think that we will just skip it, since we have such limited days to begin with.

Is Le Cellier really all that ppl talk it up to be? My DH cooks a mean steak, better than any restaurant we've been to, so I feel like I don't want to waste a meal on just steak, when we make very good steak at home. However, my DH would probably like it.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've never eaten there. We plan to every year, then end up skipping it. I've heard really good reviews, and some meh reviews. How about Teppan Edo?
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Quote Originally Posted by JTsMom View Post
    I've never eaten there. We plan to every year, then end up skipping it. I've heard really good reviews, and some meh reviews. How about Teppan Edo?
    We have an hibachi restaurant 5 min from our house, lol, so I feel like Teppan Edo is a waste for our family at WDW.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Germany? It's supposed to be fun w/the music.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

One last idea, then I think I'm out of them. lol I know you said no princessy stuff, but Askerhaus (sp?) is supposed to have a great menu, and it is different. Would the boys tolerate a princess meal for the sake of the food, or no?
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

I'm so glad I am getting feedback. OK, how does this look?

Sun- MK, Kona (D)

M- DHS, I think we will just stick with 2 counter service this day, esp since I don't know which show we may get assigned for jedi academy and I'm not that thrilled with the food selection, so maybe we will look outside of DHS for a meal if we get an opportunity.

T- AK, Tusker House (B), Boma (D)

W- MK, Crystal Palace (B)

Th- Epcot- (D) Chefs de France (I've had my eye on this restaurant, I hope that it will be available for ADRs, since I heard that a lot of places have been placed on hold for the candlight processional) or Akershus buffet.
    Last edited by hellokitty; 06-20-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by JTsMom View Post
    One last idea, then I think I'm out of them. lol I know you said no princessy stuff, but Askerhaus (sp?) is supposed to have a great menu, and it is different. Would the boys tolerate a princess meal for the sake of the food, or no?
    You know, I had ruled it out for the princessy stuff, but you are right the buffet looks actually decent, my DH would like the menu and of course there is no wait once you get in. I will have to ask my DH. I'm def going to think about it. What princesses do you see there anyway? Out of my 3 boys, DS3 would probably like the princesses, he is such a flirt, lol.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/cbchar.htm

On our last trip, J was 4.5, and had a huge crush on Ariel and Jessie. It was hilarious. We met Ariel in the grotto, and met Belle, Cinderella and Aurora in Toontown. They all made a huge deal (in a good way) about a boy wanting to meet them. Belle gave him a big kiss, and he got a ton of attention for that the rest of the day. He ate it up.

Aren't you short a meal with your new plan?
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

We've been happy with all of the Epcot restaurants we've tried: Garden Grill, Biergarten (our girls love the band!), Akershus (for breakfast, we haven't tried dinner) and the San Angel Inn. We've been wanting to try Rose and Crown - maybe next trip!

I'd probably ask DS#1 how he felt about princesses, and go from there. There are lots of great choices in Epcot; I doubt you can go wrong!
    A, mommytoC (DD#1, born 11/05)...and to K (DD#2, born 4/09)!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast