Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default TMI: Peeing while you have your period question

Sorry if this is TMI. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. So I am a croucher when it comes to using public toilets. I never sit. I crouch and aim and make sure no part of my body touches the public toilet. Whenever I have my period (including right before it comes), my pee ricochets and goes in every direction. When I have my period, my urine stream is just wacko. When I don't have my period, my urine stream is normal, straight and goes where it should go.
    Does anyone else who crouches experience this when they have their period?

Again, sorry if it is TMI.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Default Likely normal

While I do not recognize that I have had this problem with urine stream in the past while menstruating, it seems that it would be normal occurance, assuming the monthly hormonal changes cause mild swelling/engorgement of the genitals.

It's probably the norm way for some people, and some never experience it. I know that I've had that problem when I'm completely bare of hair down there. Just another reason I try to avoid sitting on the toilets.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Please sit. Lots of people DO sit, especially little kids and older people who can't effectively squat. Urine is pretty sterile, but blood is not. So if you think it is remotely likely that you won't be able to keep the entire flow from touching the seat, please please please sit.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I stopped crouching years ago. The door handle is worse than the toilet seat and I always made a horrible mess when crouching.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Not to mention all the people who don't sit on the toilet, make a HUGE mess on the seat, & don't clean it up! So please stay seated for the entire performance. That way you don't have to worry about your pee shooting everywhere.
    SAHM to DS 10/08

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    Please sit... please please please sit.
    I wish everyone would just sit too! I just know it's the squatters who leave the mess!
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

I use the seat covers or TP on the seat to avoid sitting on it. Especially while pregnant, I'm just not able to crouch all that well, but if it is already wet and a mess then I'll go to another stall or hover.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I haven't had that issue but my flow hasn't been great since childbirth.

Really, it's just the skin of your butt touching, right? it's not like exposed girlie parts touch anything, they are over the bowl. That's what made me start sitting. I squat only if dirty (not really too dirty looking but I get the feeling based on the state of the whole restroom) or a port a potty. I can squat and pee neatly though if I need to.

Beth

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by deborah_r View Post
    I wish everyone would just sit too! I just know it's the squatters who leave the mess!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast