Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Again: Scootababy!

!!!

Use it for my very heavy almost one year old around the house, for errands, pick ups and drop offs and for travel. It is a life saver!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Glad to hear that some of you use your ergos with bigger kids. I had a moby with DS after not carrying my DDs and I used it almost daily until 8-9 months. I bought a ergo when DS was 5 months old but haven't used it so I was debating about selling it. Do most of you do the back carry after a year or still front carry? Do they not mind not facing out when they are bigger? DS is 15 months and 21lbs 31 inches.
    Mom to
    DD1 7-3-05
    DD2 7-5-07
    DS1 3-23-10

My 15 month old is fine in the Ergo. She was 21.5 pounds at her 12 month appointment. I forget length, but she's tall.

I switched to back carry a couple of months ago. I am a wimp and she is too heavy for me on front for any length of time these days. She is content as long as I am moving. If I stand still for more than a minute or two, she gets irked. I don't use it in the house, just for occasional outings.

Catherine

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    I don't use it in the house, just for occasional outings.

Catherine
    thanks. I am thinking for outings/walks so maybe I'll give it a try.
    Mom to
    DD1 7-3-05
    DD2 7-5-07
    DS1 3-23-10

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We used our Ergo with my older DD on a daily basis till she was 24-26 months. After that just for hikes or airports or other occasional use.

for Sandy Hook

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We used our Beco carrier with DD1 from the time she was almost 2 until she was about 3/1/2. DH used it most of the time.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 13

DD L, 9
    (Peg Perego Viaggio low back, and a Graco Turbo low back)
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for all the ideas everyone.... I am leaning towards the scootababy or ergo. Unfortunately there are not any stores around to try them out, so I may end up flipping a coin
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We use our Pikkolo or Beco Butterfly with DS for back carries while out. A Scootababy or Ergo would be similar - but it seems like Scootababy is more recommended for toddlers.

For quick hip carries like you described we use a pouch sling. I really like SlingLings brand because they have a wide range of sizes and good sizing info online. I've never been a ring sling fan, the extra fabric look is just not my style, but I know some people love them. I personally wouldn't attempt making a sling if you are not very familiar with them and not an experienced sewer with a pattern. There are lots of deals to be found online.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BayGirl2 View Post
    I personally wouldn't attempt making a sling if you are not very familiar with them and not an experienced sewer with a pattern. There are lots of deals to be found online.
    Yes, I agree. I have been thinking about my sewing ability lately (or lack of ability ) and decided not to try to sew a sling myself for safety... (what if I didn't sew it correctly and DS falls from the carrier etc).

I will go the buying route..... If any of you ladies/guys have recs for deals, it would be greatly appreciated too . Thanks
    ..... I still have not gotten around to flipping on coin on choosing a sling yet, so it may come down to price
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3