Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Again: Scootababy!

!!!

Use it for my very heavy almost one year old around the house, for errands, pick ups and drop offs and for travel. It is a life saver!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Glad to hear that some of you use your ergos with bigger kids. I had a moby with DS after not carrying my DDs and I used it almost daily until 8-9 months. I bought a ergo when DS was 5 months old but haven't used it so I was debating about selling it. Do most of you do the back carry after a year or still front carry? Do they not mind not facing out when they are bigger? DS is 15 months and 21lbs 31 inches.
    Promoting inclusiveness from within the special needs community
    "Just Include Everybody"
    includestephanie.com
    Stephanie's Shirt Shop on Facebook and Instagram

Mom to
    DD1 7-3-05
    DD2 7-5-07
    DS1 3-23-10

My 15 month old is fine in the Ergo. She was 21.5 pounds at her 12 month appointment. I forget length, but she's tall.

I switched to back carry a couple of months ago. I am a wimp and she is too heavy for me on front for any length of time these days. She is content as long as I am moving. If I stand still for more than a minute or two, she gets irked. I don't use it in the house, just for occasional outings.

Catherine

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    I don't use it in the house, just for occasional outings.

Catherine
    thanks. I am thinking for outings/walks so maybe I'll give it a try.
    Promoting inclusiveness from within the special needs community
    "Just Include Everybody"
    includestephanie.com
    Stephanie's Shirt Shop on Facebook and Instagram

Mom to
    DD1 7-3-05
    DD2 7-5-07
    DS1 3-23-10

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We used our Ergo with my older DD on a daily basis till she was 24-26 months. After that just for hikes or airports or other occasional use.

for Sandy Hook

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We used our Beco carrier with DD1 from the time she was almost 2 until she was about 3/1/2. DH used it most of the time.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for all the ideas everyone.... I am leaning towards the scootababy or ergo. Unfortunately there are not any stores around to try them out, so I may end up flipping a coin
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We use our Pikkolo or Beco Butterfly with DS for back carries while out. A Scootababy or Ergo would be similar - but it seems like Scootababy is more recommended for toddlers.

For quick hip carries like you described we use a pouch sling. I really like SlingLings brand because they have a wide range of sizes and good sizing info online. I've never been a ring sling fan, the extra fabric look is just not my style, but I know some people love them. I personally wouldn't attempt making a sling if you are not very familiar with them and not an experienced sewer with a pattern. There are lots of deals to be found online.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BayGirl2 View Post
    I personally wouldn't attempt making a sling if you are not very familiar with them and not an experienced sewer with a pattern. There are lots of deals to be found online.
    Yes, I agree. I have been thinking about my sewing ability lately (or lack of ability ) and decided not to try to sew a sling myself for safety... (what if I didn't sew it correctly and DS falls from the carrier etc).

I will go the buying route..... If any of you ladies/guys have recs for deals, it would be greatly appreciated too . Thanks
    ..... I still have not gotten around to flipping on coin on choosing a sling yet, so it may come down to price
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3