Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Toy to keep 2 month old occupied

I have a 2 month old and an 18 month old. What would you recommened to keep him occupied while I am doing other things like cooking, changing my older son, putting him to bed and doing things around the house. He has a swing and a bouncy and doesnt seem to like either of those. I have a wrap and I wear it when I can but I can't do everything with him in it.

Any ideas?

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

That's the right age for a gym! Good for playing with toys, looking in the mirror, having some tummy time to look at the pictures on the mat, etc. Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-R...tr_196609011_2
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    That's the right age for a gym! Good for playing with toys, looking in the mirror, having some tummy time to look at the pictures on the mat, etc. Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-R...tr_196609011_2

Although in my experience attention levels and energy levels at that age are short. DD will play in her gym 20 minutes tops before getting fidgety. I find that cycling her through a few different activities (gym, bouncer, playard) for 20 minutes each buys me the most time. By which time she's tired and needs a nap anyway. Be prepared for the usual diaper/feeding interruptions, of course.
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

thank you for the replies

I have one similar from my older son. I will get it out for the baby.

I never thought of it this soon.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

At that age with DS we put him on a colorful quilt and put a few toys on the rug with him and he'd look at them -- his favorite to just look at seemed to be the Lamaze Octotunes

(Sometimes when passing by, we'd reach down and give the legs a"Tweak" so it would make noise)

But yes, at 2 months, he was still sleeping a LOT nad not awake that long in between
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If he doesn't like the playmat, I'd just wear him in a sling. At that age, they really can't play with much of anything.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

The two things that would buy me 20 minutes at that age were the Tiny Love mobile and the Tiny Love playmat with the sounds and lights running.

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

At 2 months DD2 was not awake much but at 3 months now, she stay in the gym for about 20 min tops before wanting to sleep again. She enjoys the gym.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

Well I tried the play gym and he didnt like it, he was quiet for 2 minutes then was fussy again. maybe I will keep trying it.

Or maybe since he is older I can try the swing again.

Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    The two things that would buy me 20 minutes at that age were the Tiny Love mobile and the Tiny Love playmat with the sounds and lights running.
    I second the mobile. I could never get through bath time without it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast