♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default constant hot flashes?? is this normal?

i am having what i think is hot flashes pretty much constantly (90-95% of the time i am awake). I ALWAYS feel so hot to the point where i cannot concentrate on ANYTHING and i feel uncomfortable all.the.time., not to mention it's embarrassing to be sweating all the time. It's beyond frustrating especially now that it is summer. I heard this is a side-effect of breastfeeding, but this honestly is waaaay too much..it is starting to really interfere with quality of life. DD (who is EBF) is 3.5 months already, i thought this was supposed to be gone now? I had this issue after DS, but not nearly as bad...not sure what is so different this time.

Anyway, I think something is wrong because when we're out somewhere i'm always asking DH, is it me or is it a billion degrees in here? ANd DH (who is the guy who can walk in 50 degree weather in a Tshirt and shorts), says, no, it's actually a bit cold! :S

any BTDT or ideas what this could be? should i ask a doctor about this? i am so sick of having to set the thermostat to 73 degrees and turning all the ceiling fans on in the house and still feeling miserable!! it feels worse when i'm nursing, but i still feel it at other times. i almost NEVER ever ever feel cold anymore, and i am normally a person who is somewhat cold all the time and would set the thermostat to 77/78 in the summer.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 06-21-2011 at 12:31 PM.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

It is a s/e of bfg. You could ask your dr for a hormone level test, but hormone levels are notoriously weird PP and while EBFg.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Unfortunately, I vote hormones too. I had this sort of experience when BF'ing DD#1. It was miserable. But it does get better. Hang in there.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks guys. it's a pity bc i'm finally to the point where i'm really enjoying nursing (it seems to calm DD down, she nurses very efficiently, and i have a great supply). the side effects of BFing (the hot flashes, being insanely hungry all the time) are just so annoying to deal with though! :S

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Well, its summer -- at least people won't look twice if you are wearing summer clothing like they might in January!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011