Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baby mum-mums

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maydaymommy View Post
    Threads on this previously - in Food section.

Some people are dubious about using something "organic" and "made in China."
    I figured there had to be previous threads on this, but I couldn't find them. I don't think my search function is working because I've searched for threads that I know exist (using the title) and nothing comes up.

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Mackmama,
    Baby mum mums are the perfect first self feeding food. They melt in your baby's mouth, are shaped like mini surfboards so they are easy for a baby to hold and stuff in his or mouth. I gave them to my baby at 7 months and we still use them when we are out at restaurants or when I need something to feed him that isn't very messy! After trying a box I got at BRU I ordered a large number of boxes from Amazon S&S.

Have fun trying them...one description from a previous thread that has stuck with me is that they are "crack for babies."
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

I used them as entertainment/treats.

Catherine

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ok thanks everyone - I'll give them a try!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I don't know what it is, but I haven't met a baby who didn't like them. DH and I call them, "baby crack," lol.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think we started them at about 7 months. Both of my girls like them; however I do have to remind DD1 that they are DD2's snacks.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maydaymommy View Post
    Some people are dubious about using something "organic" and "made in China."
    I didn't buy them for that reason!

for Sandy Hook

Would the Plum Organics Puffs be a better item? Can't seem to find where they are manufactured?

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    Would the Plum Organics Puffs be a better item? Can't seem to find where they are manufactured?
    My DD2 who eats almost anything won't eat Plum Organics Puffs, and to me they smell nasty like baby poop. We got the purple container ones (sweet potatoes? IIRC). The Happy Baby brand ones that they also sell at Target are better if you want an organic soy free baby puff. We usually just do the Gerber or the Target brand though so I am probably not the best authority on that stuff though, and it doesn't bother me that Mum Mums are MIC (although I just about had a heart attack when I read the side of the Brothers Fruit Crisps box that said MIC; I paid $13 for MIC dried fruit)

ETA: I can't wait for their be more variety in the Happy Baby brands at Target. I emailed the company a few months back and they said they were going to get more variety at Target sometime this summer.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 06-22-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    My DD2 who eats almost anything won't eat Plum Organics Puffs, and to me they smell nasty like baby poop. We got the purple container ones (sweet potatoes? IIRC). The Happy Baby brand ones that they also sell at Target are better if you want an organic soy free baby puff.

I totally agree on the Plum vs. Happy Baby front. The Plum are just plain yucky. The Happy Baby ones are good. I give DD Mum Mums and she loves them. I almost always have them in my purse, the diaper bag, the glove compartment of the car...everywhere. Because when DD gets hungry, she gets HUNGRY. I have no issues with them being MIC, but I am probably more low key than most on the MIC issue.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast