Default Solids (BLW) to send to Daycare - Update HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN TO ADD MORE??

DD is doing well at self feeding - even seen some evidence in her dipe!

Today her teacher mentioned that she seemed to want more than just her bottle at lunch time and asked if I wanted to start bringing in additional food for her. I discussed Baby Led Weaning/solids with her and she was on board to feed her. Yeah!

Now - what on earth do I send for food? Since it will go into the refrigerator I am not sure what will be tasty for DD to eat beyond fruits. I think they will be okay with setting it out so it warms to room temp but won't veggies turn soggy?

Any ideas would be most helpful. Planning to get a copy of the menu to see if there are thing she might be able to eat for lunch from their kitchen.

ETA: Right now we are just doing single foods and not combining.

DD did great at her first day with bananas - ate them after lunch bottle. The director noted to me that she was fussy for more after her morning bottle and after being distracted by toy was okay. Her first bottle is about 2-3 hours after her morning nurse. It is a 3 oz bottle. She's a healthy 18lbs+ and gets 11oz at daycare for milk. I'm adding the lunch snack after bottle but could she already need a morning one too? Or could it be fussy b/c it is close to nap time as I normally nurse her to sleep. So hard to figure this stuff out!
    Last edited by marymoo86; 06-23-2011 at 02:10 PM.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We've always sent steamed veggies for DS and they never get soggy. He eats them cold or room temperature. We also sent cheese, breads/waffles/pancakes/muffins, cereal bars, avocado, etc.
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

DS will eat most anything cold or cool. I always send leftovers from the previous night's dinner. Mashed potatoes, rice, couscous, steamed veggies. I'm sure cheese and bread-type items would be great, but DS has FA's so we can't do those.

Crackers, dry cereal (this has been a hit for a long time...rice chex). Bananas have also always been a hit (and easy enough for them to eat very early on.)

DS gets the best lunches in the house! DH and I get PB or deli meat sandwiches.