Default No drill banister gate??

Hi! My son is moving everywhere now and I have yet to install a gate at the top of our staircase because the first one I bought wouldn't work. Apparently the banisters on either site aren't aligned and I really don't want to drill into them. Any suggestions on gates or adaptors for gates that might work well? Thanks!

Kidco sells a banister kit that is basically a flimsy strip of wood zip-tied to your banister. DH jury-rigged one with bungee cords and a 2x4 for ours so we didn't have to drill. I leaned on it and pushed the gate and it didn't budge at all.

Quote Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
    Kidco sells a banister kit that is basically a flimsy strip of wood zip-tied to your banister. DH jury-rigged one with bungee cords and a 2x4 for ours so we didn't have to drill. I leaned on it and pushed the gate and it didn't budge at all.

I have the one from Kidco, and it is not zip ties anymore. It is two pieces of plastic that you screw together holding the piece of wood.

Retract a gate with bannister kit should work.

http://www.retract-a-gate.com/

Catherine

We did the same as above, DH zip tied a 2x4 to the banister and mounted the gate into the 2x4. It's very stable and we've been using it for 2 yrs or so.
    -----------------------
    Karen