Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default rotten day. (update #13)

i go get the kids ready to go to the store and...the van doesn't start. battery is dead.

of course, my DH is out of town until Monday. he took our other car to the airport, so this van is all i have. i'll have to figure out how to jump start it, go the dealer tomorrow (it's an Ody, very new and still under warranty) and schlep both kiddos there and likely wait with them there for a few hours for it to get fixed. this sucks.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 06-24-2011 at 12:51 PM.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ugg oh no! So sorry to hear that!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

What a crappy day! So sorry and hope tomorrow is better
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Oh, no!! What a PITA!

Hope that used up all your bad luck for, say, the next few months....
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Call Honda Cs or the dealer and have them send someone to jump start it. I know BMW has this service and I have used it.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Do you have AAA? If not, most new cars come with a year of road side assistance.

Sucks though.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanx everyone for the replies.

called the dealer and asked about the service, they said they don't provide that. they'd do work with a tow truck service but i'd have to pay for it. so i think i'll just jump start it myself...as i think about it that shouldn't be to hard. the sucky part will be to wait with both kids at the dealership. we've had 2 batteries go dead (on our other car) in the past 6 months, and once it took them four hours before they were done! ugh.

anyway, i realize it's not that big of a deal, it was just the straw that broke that camel's back i guess. this past week has been stressful for other reasons and i'm not dealing with it well at all.

Ugh. That does suck. Will the dealership give you a loaner so you don't have to sit there?

Catherine

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Are you sure you didn't get a free "like AAA" roadside assistance package when you purchased your van??

GL!

My guess is the many lights in the interior roof of the van. Or something draining in one of the charger outlets.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    Are you sure you didn't get a free "like AAA" roadside assistance package when you purchased your van??
    It's probably too late, but I agree. Check your owner's manual. My Jetta had roadside assistance. I'd be surprised if Honda doesn't offer it. The person at the dealership may have just been clueless.

If you join AAA they will come out and jump you right then. There's no waiting period. I think it'd be worth a basic membership.

ETA: well, according to google there isn't free roadside assistance for the Ody. Really surprising. Well, there is still AAA.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 06-24-2011 at 01:35 AM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast