Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Big, big hugs.

1. Talk to your doctor. It sounds like PPD to me. I took Zoloft with both my kids and breastfed. There was a great study in a big-time peer reviewed journal that measured med levels in the milk/babies and several antidepressants were practically undetected--e.g your body metabolizes them and they don't get passed over.

2. Ask for referrals to a therapist. You really need to grieve for and process your child's birht experience. That is really tough. And it makes sense that you would be feeling it now that the CRISIS has passed. I can totally see that.

3. Exercise. yes, it helps. But you have to be able to get out of bed to do that!!!! There are lots of great things you can do for self care and a therapist will help you identify things to do. Some things are: 1. Get more help (sitter, DH, etc) 2. Get outside with the kids every day. I sat in a part and BFd DD while DS climbed on the equipment and played in the sandbox. It was shady so DD didn't overheat and DS wore himself out! 3. Try to eat good food--e.g. nutritious insteand of the junk food that I often found myself eating! 4. Get some perspective--it will get better etc. Start with baby steps. Right now everything will be overwhelming.

Good luck!! Recognizing that there is a problem is the first step!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Big hugs to you. I'm sorry that you are not feeling better. I totally believe it is likely PPD. Talk to your doctor. You are a wonderful mom and you deserve to have this stress and discomfort lifted. I always enjoy your posts and hope that your Dr is able to help you!
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just wanted to send (((hugs))).
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

soon2b4 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Hugs and PT headed your way.
    Please talk to someone - pick whichever doctor you feel most comfortable with.
    I would also recommend trying to find a way to get out and connect with other moms (or any friends) as much as possible. I found isolation to be a huge stumbling block for me. And please post more if you have more questions - this is a good place to find people who will say BTDT here's what helped.
    Happily married to DH 01/96
    Mom to:
    DD1 01/04
    DD2 09/11

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just wanted to send HUGS your way. Glad you are going to talk to your OB about your feelings. having been through PPD/PTSD after DS2 was born I know all those feelings you are having all too well. I took Lexapro and it did the trick. stayed on the meds till DS2 was around a year and a half. My SIL took celexa (the sister drug to Lexapro, lexapro is newer) at the end of her pregnancy and while nursing her DD's and all was well. There are a lot of meds that can be taken while nursing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3