Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a kiddyguard which is similar to the retract-a-gate. Why do you think it would only be good until 12 months? We have used ours for years. It's been 5+ years of use and my gate finally bit the dust (spring on the inside broke). Kiddyguard warranty has run out but they offered me a sample gate for $30. Sold!
    kplee, why does it need to be 37" tall? That doesn't make much sense....
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

Quote Originally Posted by nfowife View Post
    I have a kiddyguard which is similar to the retract-a-gate. Why do you think it would only be good until 12 months? We have used ours for years. It's been 5+ years of use and my gate finally bit the dust (spring on the inside broke). Kiddyguard warranty has run out but they offered me a sample gate for $30. Sold!
    kplee, why does it need to be 37" tall? That doesn't make much sense....
    The website says it's made for children 6 through 24 months
    http://www.retract-a-gate.com/index.html

My little guy is already a year and I'd like to invest in something that will last us for a few years; not just one. I think it would be a great fit for us, but I'm a bit concerned as to why they would put an age limit on it.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

the kiddyguard has a banister system, we use it on our stairs. Dreambaby retractable has one as well. I have a 4 and 6 year old (and a baby) and it is sufficiently high for them and all the other little ones that come over. No one can climb over it or anything if that is a concern. I can't even step over it (I'm 5'3", DH can and he is over 6' tall though). I don't think the stated age range should concern you to be honest.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2