Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Muscus Plug

Default Muscus Plug

I know this is an icky topic, literally, but how/when did you lose your miscue plug and what did it look like?
    Last edited by ashleybama24; 06-26-2011 at 01:26 PM.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

with DS (born at 38 weeks),i don't remember. i don't remember seeing it.

with DD, it was 34,35 weeks. it was just blood and mucus really..not a ton but a decent amount. at the time i was getting really painful contractions too. i went into labor and DD was born soon after.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 06-26-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Lost it about 12 hrs into labor. I had a very long labor. It was thick, almost like snot when you have a sinus infection, although it was white with streaks of blood.

The timing of the mucous plug varies from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. All it means is that cervical change is happening. I have always lost my mucous plug and had a bit of a show early the day each of my babies were born, but I have heard and read that for some women it can be days or weeks before baby arrives after the mucous plug appears.
    Proud Military Spouse and Mom of Four.

DD (02/03) Born in a military hospital.
    DS (05/05) Born in a birth center.
    DS (12/07) Born at HOME!
    DS (09/09) Born at HOME!

With DS1 I lost mine weeks before I was induced.
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ds1- lost it 12 hours before labor started. Big glob of opaque goo, iirc. My membranes had been swept a day prior and could have dislodged it.

Ds2- no memory of it at all.

Beth

Is it possible for it to come out as clear gelatinous pieces similar to when you ovulate? Sorry if this is gross or TMI!

With my babies it was a good week before I went into labor. But I know for some moms it can be just the day before.

It will be very thick and gooey like gelatin, & will usually be whiteish/yellow, tinged with blood.

No, it's very different that egg-white C.M from when you ovulate. Although maybe you are seeing just the beginnings of it. Watch and see if it changes to the above description.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Don't remember seeing it with DD1. Lost it about a week before birth with DD2. Both were induced. It was like what the other are describing.

I remember losing it when I was induced with DS1...it came out immediately after my water broke in one piece. This whole pregnancy has been so different and I just wanted to make sure what I was seeing is not another indication that this child is on his way. I want him to stay put, finish growing lungs and then he join us!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast