Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have and love my Gemini. I'm 5'0" & 115 lbs while DD is 5.5 mos now and have been wearing her since a little before her 2nd month since I opted to carry her before then around the house.

We have the same build and I love my Pikkolo! Super easy.
    Vanessa

Full-time mommy to Miss Yumi ('08)

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

One of our petite posters said she liked the Pognae SSC- here's a link to the thread. http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...ghlight=korean

Another vote for the Beco Gemini. It fits me (5'5", 120#) and easily adjusts to fit DH.

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hey, I know this is an old post but wanted to chime in from personal experience. I have scrawny shoulders and my Ergo did the slippy down thing. What made a huge difference was going, in person, to a small independent store that sells baby-wearing supplies (also tend to be the sort of shops that carry cloth diapers...you know the sort). There's nothing like a hands-on tutorial. They showed me simple tricks for adjusting the straps that made all the difference.

I haven't tried the other structured carriers mentioned but I bet it's the same for them: they're very adjustable but because there are so many things to adjust, it really helps to have hands-on advice.

Fyi - I have a friend with dwarfism who is extremely petite. My ergo was so adjustable, we were nearly able to get it to fit even her! (It wasn't perfect, would have needed about an inch sewn adjustment to truly fit comfortably.) It was pretty cool because at the time my 1 year old's feet practically touched the ground when my friend wore her. We couldn't believe how well the Ergo adjusted.

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thank you very much for helping us. My sister ended up with a hotsling for sleeping, and Beco Gemini for carrying around (hiking and walking around town). She found a shop that has several carriers so she could try out a few and received hands-on adjustments and evaluations.

You all are the best!
    Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I agree with the Gemini- I am about same size and loved it. I tried a few other first (Pikkolo, a few slings, Bjorn), but found the Gemini worked best for me and the baby. Maybe there is a place she could try them on? That helped me a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2