Thread: 8 apples

Default 8 apples

I have 8 pink lady apples that I need to do something with. They will likely not get eaten as is.

Any ideas with recipes would be great!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Bake them! Core, put them in a foil lined pan. Put butter, cinnamom and brown sugar in the middle (sorry, no measurments. I learned from my mom just to pile it in there!) and bake @ 325-350 until they are your desired consistency (I cook for at least an hour).
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

I just had this happen with about 8-10 apples - I made applesauce. Just boil the apples (peel if you want and core first) until soft, then puree. I added cinnamon.

I also love baked apples and even more, I like to grill apples. Similar to baking, just put them in foil, add the butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and when done, enjoy a sinfully delicious dessert!

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

cut them like for a pie, but don't peel. put them in a frying or saute pan with butter, sugar, maybe some cinnamon or nutmeg, and 'fry' them. they're done when they're soft, but better when they're sorta caramelized. a good side dish!
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

Ok, great ideas! Thanks. Now to decide which to do.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by karstmama View Post
    cut them like for a pie, but don't peel. put them in a frying or saute pan with butter, sugar, maybe some cinnamon or nutmeg, and 'fry' them. they're done when they're soft, but better when they're sorta caramelized. a good side dish!

We often have this (minus the sugar and butter, kinda steamed with a little milk or water or juice and cinnamon) as a dinner "vegetable". Super simple, extremely yummy and good for you, too. What more could I ask??
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew