Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holy Hunger!

Default Holy Hunger!

Oh my gracious. I am so hungry. It started a couple of weeks ago and now every day around this time I am STARVING. FAMISHED! I know I am not supposed to be eating for 2 yet and I hope this is not a sign of gestational diabetes, but WOWZERS.

I don't know how I can get thorugh this without gaining a ton of weight. I have gained 5 lbs in the last 4 weeks.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

I can relate! I went through a several weeks where I ate 2 breakfasts every day, snack after lunch and cereal before bed! It will die down!

Quote Originally Posted by ashleybama24 View Post
    I can relate! I went through a several weeks where I ate 2 breakfasts every day, snack after lunch and cereal before bed! It will die down!
    A friend who was pregnant when we shared an office used to have "2nd breakfast" . I think I am going to revive that!
    ---------
    A-M

---------

soon2b4 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I had second breakfast often during my first trimester - weight gain is on track/ on the low end of "normal." No gestational diabetes, blood pressure is still low (100/62)...
    So, I would say - "Enjoy!"
    Happily married to DH 01/96
    Mom to:
    DD1 01/04
    DD2 09/11

Hmmm I have 2nd every meal. And it's not uncommon for me to be up at 3 am starving digging in the fridge for a snack I was like this with DD and didn't gain crazy amounts or have GD so I'm not too worried.

I generally have to eat every 2-3 hours when pg and nursing. I have my regular breakfast about 7 am on the way to work, then a piece of fruit between 9-10 AM(or cake if someone's brought something yummy into work). Lunch is around noon, another snack around 2-3 PM and Dinner around 6 PM. Lately if I'm not busy, I also have a snack after DS goes to bed around 8:30 pm. I think I'd be doing better weight-wise if I weren't having the 8:30 pm snack...but I'm 28 weeks and gained 18 lbs...a bit more than I wanted, but not excessive. I'm averaging 1/week...and if I keep that up for the rest of the pg, I'll be just over 30 lbs total (about 5 lbs more than I wanted, but still within the range the doc said was ok).

I do much better if I plan for my snacks....at least they are healthier, AND I feel much better. I don't get headaches, heartburn, or crabby as often!

I called it second breakfast too! Made me feel like a hobbit.

mommyp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I still have second breakfast! But I definitely went through the stage that you're talking about earlier. I was teaching labs last semester for the early part of my pregnancy and I had to step out and have a snack halfway through every day. Congrats, BTW - looks like our DDs will have siblings about the same age difference!
    DD January 2008
    DS September 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mommyp View Post
    I still have second breakfast! But I definitely went through the stage that you're talking about earlier. I was teaching labs last semester for the early part of my pregnancy and I had to step out and have a snack halfway through every day. Congrats, BTW - looks like our DDs will have siblings about the same age difference!
    You'll have to pass on any tips you discover in managing the two in your earliest weeks when baby comes home. I'll be watching your posts!
    ---------
    A-M

---------

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm always like that too. I also gain the bulk of my weight in the first two trimesters and not much after. I wouldn't worry until your glucose test. But still try to eat some healthy options!

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast