Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Hmmm makes me think I want to try it too! I never get to eat breakfast at home. It's too hard - I have a bag of cereal at work that I pour a bowl of when I sit down and catch up on work emails. This would be nice for something different...is it chewy like a granola bar?
    yeah, it's definitely more chewy than crunchy. next time i may add chopped nuts or something for variety.

and as for all the ingredients, it really helped to go to one of those stores that has an extensive bulk foods section...i don't know if some things like dried blueberries for example would be sold on the shelves. i found everything though in the bulk section, and it was nice to just be able to buy the amount i needed (i'm not so much a fan of dried fruit on its own).

toby is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fauve01 View Post
    I make baked oatmeal bars for my DD at least once a week. she gobbles them down, and i feel better knowing they're mostly healthy and no yuck stuff in them (i use applesauce instead of butter). they are super super easy to make. plus we can eat them on the go . DD only likes mini choc chips (of course ) but you could add dried berries and nuts however you like.

Baked Oatmeal

3 cups rolled oats
    ½ cup brown sugar (or ¼ c. each, brown sugar & splenda)
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 cup milk
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup melted butter (or ½ c. nonsweetened applesauce)
    1 teaspoons vanilla extract
    3/4 cup dried berries (or ½c. mini chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients: oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients: milk, eggs, melted butter or applesauce, and vanilla extract. Fold wet into dry ingredients. Stir in dried berries or chocolate chips. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes.

I adapted this recipe (it comes out as bars, not mushy like the photo):
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-o...ii/detail.aspx

hth,
    anne
    These are good!

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by toby View Post
    These are good!
    glad you liked them! we love them around here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2