Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Heading to the Outer Banks and need your help...

We are headed to OBX, specifically Kill Devil Hills, a week from tomorrow. We have an oceanfront condo and cannot wait! It will be DS2's first beach trip. I know some of you are experts at traveling to that area!

DH and I grew up under 2 hours from there and spent every summer as kids there. He hasn't been since he was a kid. I haven't been since my FIRST honeymoon in 1993 with XH. I am thinking things have changed. Plus, this time, we're in charge of a family, not teenagers trying to escape from our parents. [There's a story there...DH and I actually got "caught" by his parents on a trip when we were kids.]

Any suggestions on what to take other than the obvious? How about what to do? I remember the aquarium. DH wants to take DS1 to see "The Lost Colony" one night. Any other ideas? It's hard when your kids are so far apart in age.

TIA!
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

We're headed to OBX too! We go every year...love it! The best thing to do is just RELAX. But you may also want to do a wild horse tour. They leave out of Corolla and go to the 4x4 area. It is really cool to see them by the houses on the beach etc. You also can take a trip down to Ocracoke. There is the ferry that you can drive your car on. People love the beaches on Ocracoke and there are cute little pubs and restaurants. There are also all the light houses to see as well. We mostly just relax and hang out on the beach and come back to the pool at the house while DD is napping. Have fun!

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

don't forget the wright bros memorial - ds1 & dh could go themselves if you don't think ds2 would enjoy it, but there is lots of room for him to run, too, & that's pretty much what my ds wants, anyway. oh, and jockey's ridge - maybe get a kite or at least watch the kites & hang gliders. i used to love to climb it & roll down.
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06