Default 2 Adults, 3 kids

Looks like our cheapest option is the Port Orleans - Riverside with the trundle. But, I'm not thrilled with the theme. It looks like the family suite at All Star Music is more than just getting 2 rooms there. I would love to stay at a deluxe, but our budget won't allow it. Are there off site properties that would save a lot of money, or should we just go with Port Orleans?
    Lyra 12/30/02 49", 65# in Literiders
    Cree 03/16/06 41.5", 39# in a PW and B510
    Nash 03/30/08 39.5", 36# FF in a MA65 and RN65

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We thought Port Orleans was nice and fun. My DC really enjoyed the things you wouldn't get with an off-site location. Being able to ride the boat to DTD, the buses to MK to ride around on the monorail, etc. We rode over to Grand Floridian to watch the fireworks and electric water parade on a non-park night. Also, walking over to the French Quarter pool and going fishing at POR were so much fun. We'll stay there again! The Polynesian is fun and fit 5 also, but it was obviously more expensive.

Look at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I haven't stayed there but someone here did. It is technically in The World, close to DTD. It is closer to the parks than the All Stars. And if you go through a company that I can't remember the name of, you can get even cheaper deals. (search Bonnet Creek in this forum, or look on Disboards) I love staying on property, but WBC is one off property place I'd consider. It's a timeshare villa property like the Disney Vacation Club properties. it's very pretty, and has a good location

Speaking of DVC, if you rent points from a DVC owner it's much cheaper than going through Disney. You might check it out to see if a one bedroom DVC property is in your price range.

What are your dates?

ETA: I stayed at POR pre-kids and liked it fine, I would stay there again. The theming didn't bother me, and the pool was great.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 07-04-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We stayed in POR with DS & thought it was kind of fun. Especially the boat rides to DTD.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

We're thinking probably June 10-15, 2012. I really don't want to pull the kids out of school, so we'll have to brave the crowds. If we do end up staying at a Disney resort, are any of the meal plans worth it?
    Lyra 12/30/02 49", 65# in Literiders
    Cree 03/16/06 41.5", 39# in a PW and B510
    Nash 03/30/08 39.5", 36# FF in a MA65 and RN65

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools