Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Cooking mama is a really fun game. Like the others said, any of the mario or lego games are a sure hit. Professor Layton is kind of difficult, I have trouble playing it, lol. It's for older kids, but if he is really advanced, he might like it.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS (same age as yours) LOVES his LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Batman. He also has Ben 10 Alien Force and speed racer.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The titles that caught his eye were Learn Chess, Learn Science, My Chinese Coach, Carnival Games, Cooking Mama, and Puzzler World.
    The only one of those we have is Cooking Mama, but the "Mama" series of games are some of older DD's very favorite games. She has all the Cooking Mamas (there are at least 2 or 3), Gardening Mama and Crafting Mama.

I have wanted to get the Layton games for her, but have not yet gotten around to it. But that is her favorite style of game, even on the PC. Finding hidden objects, solving puzzles, etc. There are many in this genre. There is a whole series of Nancy Drew games of this type. Maybe there is a "boy" version too?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HIU8 View Post
    DS (same age as yours) LOVES his LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Batman. He also has Ben 10 Alien Force and speed racer.
    DS does not like Star Wars or Batman in general, so I don't think that would be a hit. I tried one of the Star Wars Leapster games and he plays it, but it is not his favorite. He does it because it's math .
    Kris

Well, my nephew thinks his DS is up north and we'll find out in a few days. But, he brought the games they are done with and we'll keep them and try them out to see if DS likes them. Very generous return policy .

We now have:
    Brain Age
    Learn Math
    Sid Meir's Civilization Revolution
    Mario Pary
    Mario Hoops 3 on 3
    Dolphinz
    Tony Hawk American sk8land
    Diddy Kong Racing
    Transformers Animated

I'm sure we'll find something DS likes. I'll probably end up buying a few of those games.
    Kris

soon2b4 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

DD really likes ScribbleNauts. She also has Garden Mama and Crafting Mama (not as good in her opinion). She likes to play Battleship & Sorry out of a board games collection - I can't remember what else it has on it. Professor Layton is fun for me, but I think she has played with either DH or I helping and that worked out fine - by herself, I don't think she has chosen it for that. She doesn't get to play too much - it is a for the car, airplane, Mom's doctor appointment kind of treat.
    Happily married to DH 01/96
    Mom to:
    DD1 01/04
    DD2 09/11

Quote Originally Posted by soon2b4 View Post
    DD really likes ScribbleNauts. She also has Garden Mama and Crafting Mama (not as good in her opinion). She likes to play Battleship & Sorry out of a board games collection - I can't remember what else it has on it. Professor Layton is fun for me, but I think she has played with either DH or I helping and that worked out fine - by herself, I don't think she has chosen it for that. She doesn't get to play too much - it is a for the car, airplane, Mom's doctor appointment kind of treat.
    I've been looking around more and I think I'll put away most of what was given to us and pick up Brain Quest grades 3-4. I think it seems like the right type of game for him.

DS is not a big video game player. We do not have a game system in the house (like Wii). He plays his Leapster in the car, at appointments, etc. I expect the DS will be similiar.
    Kris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2