♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default already tired, and now this!

i actually manage to go to sleep early last night (10:30am). one of the few nights i don't struggle with a headache and i don't have trouble sleeping.

of course, around 1:30am i am rudely awakened by a loud beeping. our smoke/CO detector was going off. It was LOUD. We silenced it while we tried to figure out what was going on. We didn't have the manual handy at first. Initially we thought the battery was dying so DH went and replaced the battery. Tried to go back to sleep but could not. Then close to 4 am the thing went off again. We noticed the CO light was off and according to the manual CO alarm was triggered.

So, we call 911 and they tell us to get everyone out of the house and wait. which involves waking sleeping babies to take them outside. of course they wake up as soon as we take them out. fire truck comes, checks everything out..no leaks or anything. they said they've been getting a lot of these and it's due to faulty sensors in the alarms.

i'm glad it turned out to be nothing, but wow, after an exhausting past few weeks i so did not need this. DS was able to go back to bed but DD is wide awake. It's 5:00am, and DH hasn't slept the whole night.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What a terrrible night! Hope today is better....

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ugh!! Frustrating!!
    And then it's so tough to get everyone back to sleep, never mind yourself!

Well glad at least it was a false alarm!

----------------------------------------------------------------

ADT actually called us a few weeks ago and they came out and replaced the CO units because there is a recall on the sensors in some units. I would get a new unit or look up your unit and see how to get it replaced. HTH.

oh, noooo.... what a night!

Hope you can get some sleep today (or get to bed early tonight).
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew