mom3boys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Has anyone owned/tried an Easywalker QTRO?

I have a friend looking for an AT type stroller, eBay has a New 2010 QTRO for sale for $299, free shipping (in black) and diapers.com has the 2011s for $400. (Normally the price for this stroller is $499). Has anyone tried this stroller? I have never seen one in person, or known anyone who's owned it, so I can't recommend it to her myself but it does seem like a good price (esp for the 2010). Seems kind of heavy and wide though. And I don't know what differences if any, exist between 2010 and 2011 that would be worth $100 price difference, except for $100 more you can get the pretty aqua colored one.

I should also mention if anyone needs one that eBay has the Easywalker Duo Twin for $499+free shipping--which seems a good price for a new double AT, especially since it takes 2 infant seats.
    M, Mom to 3 handsome boys, '06, '08, '11

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have one and like it quite a bit. I'm not a huge fan of 3 wheelers, so I like having a all-air tire 4 wheel option. The seat is huge (great for my super tall kids), the adjustable legrest is really nice as is the large canopy. The suspension is quite bouncy. The zipper recline is not my favorite but it does go quite flat. The basket is a good size. It is quite wide and heavy - the footprint is slightly bigger than that of the vista. Correspondingly, it feels very very solid and has very little plastic on it, similar to many European strollers. SQ has a review with all the dimensions. There are a couple good youtube videos that the company put up too - so you can see the fold, etc.

I'm not sure what the actual differences between the model years are, besides the logo change. I think I read somewhere that the double may be slighter narrower on the 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of 3 wheelers, so I like having a all-air tire 4 wheel option.
    Thanks! Was the 4-wheels your reason for purchasing it? I couldn't figure out whether having the 2 smaller air tires vs. 1 big air tire up front was "better", for push or maneuverability. Also, since the air tires up front are 8", I was worried it might be difficult if you have to replace a tube since that seems a non-standard size.

I keep comparing it to my Valco Tri-Mode since that is what I have. Valco has a very wide wheel base at 26" and this looks to be comparable at 25.5", but the fold seems more compact (flatter, anyway) on the Easywalker because of the smaller front wheels. SQ lists the weight at 28 lbs, diapers.com at 26.5 lbs which either way seems heavy for a single AT, but, of course I would advise my friend against using this as a car stroller so it woudn't be lifted that much.

It is that heavy. But I like it because it is one of the few A/T's with a long adjustable legrest, napper bar, great canopy with sun visor, basket with zippered access, suspension, height adjustable handle, and huge seat. The Easy Board works really great on it, and I like that it has air tires, too.
    Strollerqueen

Yes, the 4 wheels were the main reason. I just have a weird hangup about the stability of 3 wheels for some reason. I also have a weird hangup about bassinets because the baby isn't harnessed, FWIW. Which is too bad because the qtro bassinet looks really nice! I haven't had to replace a tube but the tires are kind of PITB to fill because they're so small. Fortunately we have a compressor with gauge so I don't have to pump them up manually.

Legal Eagle, what color do you have? I notice the silver is now for sale for $299 on eBay also. It looks very light, would be worried about it showing dirt, but maybe more to my friend's taste than black . . . .

I have the silver - it is quite light but the fabric seems very stain resistant - that kind of tightly woven slightly shiny (nylon? polyester?) fabric the really doesn't absorb anything. I haven't really gotten it dirty so I don't know for sure but that's my impression. It wasn't my first choice (I looove aqua) but I got it as a floor model and I've grown to like it quite a bit. It can easily be jazzed up with liners too.

Thanks! Yes, the aqua is beautiful--but not on sale for $299