Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default s/o Recommend Your Omelette or Egg Pan

I got rid of my teflon stuff awhile ago. I have a great Caphalon One pan that doesn't use teflon but it's not made anymore. I purchased a few green gourmet pans about 6 months ago, and my 10 inch pan is horribly scratched and peeling. I am not sure how that happened. I am looking for a new 10 inch pan to make scrambled eggs. Can you recommend yours?

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I use an 8" All Clad stainless steel skillet. The perfect size for a 2 egg omelette or 2 scrambled eggs.

Low to medium-low heat, add oil first, add eggs when oil is hot.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have this one and like it:
    Bialetti Aeternum 10 inch
    It's a "safe" ceramic nonstick. It was $30. It's a really pretty pan, red on the outside and white on the inside. I've had it for several months and the nonstick is still working well. However, it can be scratched if you're not careful--the nanny is pretty hard on it and it is getting a few little chips here and there. We also have a Green Gourmet saute pan and that seems to be holding up well, but we only use plastic or silicone utensils. I also have stainless steel and cast iron skillets but they're not nonstick so it's hard to cook eggs in them.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    I use an 8" All Clad stainless steel skillet. The perfect size for a 2 egg omelette or 2 scrambled eggs.

Low to medium-low heat, add oil first, add eggs when oil is hot.
    I use All Clad stainless, too. BUT I make the pan hot. I mean ripping hot. Heat the pan while you crack/scramble the eggs. Add oil to pan, then eggs. (someone here posted a link once on this method, can't find it now...) The idea is that as the metal heats, all of the tiny pores on the surface of the pan close up and makes for a truly solid surface.

I made eggs at my IL's recently using this method and I think my MIL just about fell over when she saw how clean the pan was!
    marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My go to pan for eggs is a basic 9" Circulon one I got in 2000 as a gift (I have no clue which line it is from, it was one of those $20 specials that Macy's has). I really like the Circulon one. My parents have a whole set of Circulon Elite and have been very happy with it.

If you are happy with Calphalon then I would just get another one of their pans, but honestly I think if I had to replace my non stick stuff today I'd probably go with Circulon or add in an All Clad stainless pan, but I am just so used to non stick.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-06-2011 at 11:12 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

BUT I make the pan hot
    Yes, the pan is hot when I add the eggs, sorry that wasn't clear. This is really, really important. My eggs slide right out of my stainless pan.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)