3blackcats is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Britax Deals Online - Canada

Hey Canadian Mamas,
    Where can I get a good deal on Britax seats online? I need a Frontier and a Marathon.

Thanks!!

TJs and Babyproofing Plus have Britaxes on sale now. I'd kind of expect other shops to have a Britax sale at the same time. Hope this isn't too late to be helpful!
    Melanie

Mama, PhD, to: Baby Bear (September 2006); The Cub (November 2009); and three babies in heaven
    Favourite human to two Maine Coon cats
    I drive a Bugaboo Cameleon, a Bugaboo Bee+ (2010) and a Mutsy Urban Rider. Ooops, and a Chariot CX2, too! Oh, and a purple Starck Maclaren And oh, wait, I have *another* Bee+ (2011). How did I get six strollers?? Uh-oh, there's a P&T Dash in my living room - who put that there?

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I would avoid buying from TJs if at all possible.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

I bought them online and had them delivered. They are installed in my new to Ontario van. It's a conspiracy - they are the same seats I already had, they just have the Transport Canada sticker on the side and were twice the price.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    I would avoid buying from TJs if at all possible.
    Can I ask why?
    Melanie

Mama, PhD, to: Baby Bear (September 2006); The Cub (November 2009); and three babies in heaven
    I drive a Bugaboo Cameleon, a Bugaboo Bee+ (2010) and a Mutsy Urban Rider. Ooops, and a Chariot CX2, too! Oh, and a purple Starck Maclaren And oh, wait, I have *another* Bee+ (2011). How did I get six strollers?? Uh-oh, there's a P&T Dash in my living room - who put that there?

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Because their customer service bites. They sell expired seats. They are just BRUTAL to deal with. If I can avoid buying there, I will.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

The store on Marine has truly neglectful staff. I went there while pg with #1, and was repeatedly ignored by one staff person after another ("I'll be right back, I just have to do X" kind of thing); I ended up parking myself on a glider for about an hour. The Kits location has only a couple of staff people, and they've always been helpful to me. But I've bought three carseats there (SafeSeat, Radian, and Frontier) and none of have been expired. I think I'm also a fairly well-versed buyer (I do my research) so maybe that helps?

But I'll give TJs my money any day over Crocodile!! I'll choose neglect over condescension!
    Melanie

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm not sure if their pricing is at a sale level right now, but Snugglebugz (http://www.snugglebugz.ca) stocks Britax seats. It's another option!

I've ordered a Radian and a Monterey from them in the last year, and both seats shipped fast!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
    I'm not sure if their pricing is at a sale level right now, but Snugglebugz (http://www.snugglebugz.ca) stocks Britax seats. It's another option!

I've ordered a Radian and a Monterey from them in the last year, and both seats shipped fast!
    This is where I ordered from. Awesome customer service and super fast shipping.