Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Update #1. Recommend your steam mop

Update: I ordered the Eureka Enviro Steamer and I am really pleased! No pumping the steam. It's super quiet. And I love that the steam is so hot. Seems to clean better than the Sharks did. I do wish the cord was longer though.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have gone through two Shark Steam mops in the span of 5 years. They just don't seem to last. So, I need to purchase a new one. Anyone have one they love and want to recommend?
    Last edited by DietCokeLover; 07-12-2011 at 06:16 PM.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

I love my Haan.

Amazon - some lady in Austin did a review of all the main steam mops. Her review is so long it shows up first on all the different brands. I got the Eureka Envirosteamer based on her rec and love it!

Quote Originally Posted by ashleybama24 View Post
    Amazon - some lady in Austin did a review of all the main steam mops. Her review is so long it shows up first on all the different brands. I got the Eureka Envirosteamer based on her rec and love it!
    I saw that! I was going to see if anyone here recommended that one.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Unhesitatingly, the Eureka Envirosteamer. It is fabulous and perhaps the most life-changing purchase one can make for $65!!!

for Sandy Hook

Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Anther vote for Haan.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

For those of you with the Envirosteamer and the Haan - do you think either would work well on textured tile? We tried the Shark at one point and returned it because it didn't clean our floors well. It seems like the Envirosteamer and the Haan get hotter which help it clean better (according to Amazon reviews). We have four dogs and a toddler, so our floors can get dirty quick. That is why I am looking for something that is easy to clean our floors. We currently have a carpet/hardwood floor cleaner that scrubs the floor. It works well but it is so big and a pain to drag out once a week, plus it is very loud. I don't want to buy another gadget that doesn't work.

I had and hated a shark. Got a Haan because someone here liked it and then found my aunt has one and likes it. I got the slim and light. Mine is red. It def. gets hotter than the shark and dries faster. It doesn't leave my floors streaky like the shark did. I don't know how it will do on tile but it powers through some gross stuff on hardwood. Only think I don't like is if there is juice on the floor it seems to spread it around the entire room so I end up with a sticky room, not just a sticky spot.

I also have a rubbermaid spray thing with a red pad for quick and less gross jobs.

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got a Eureka steam mop based on that review and loved it (mostly) the first few times I used it. I found it difficult to get under the cabinets because the housing is high. And I couldn't get it around or behind my toilets. Then after having it for only a few months it started leaking - bad. I am not sure why. It took several fill ups to do my whole house. It would be fine on the first pass, then I would have to refill it, and I would put it back down on the floor, and it would just start leaking water out. I would have to get towels to blot it up (I have ceramic tile). But it wouldn't do it other times. Very weird, and messy, and a PITA. It turned what was supposed to be a quick job into a long and laborous one.

I had textured ceramic tile. And I didn't find that it cleaned in the grooves very well. I didn't like the towels that came with it, or how you are supposed to attach them. I found them to be very thin. I even tried buying dish towels for more thickness - didn't do the trick. I also had a sheddy dog and cat and a toddler. I ended up tossing that out with the trash.

I got a Shark to replace it, and so far haven't had any issues with it. I prefer the thickness of the rags, that I can get under my cabinets, and around my toilets. But I haven't had it very long.

I have come to realize that if you want truly clean floors, nothing works better than a mop and bucket. I use my steam mop for the in-between cleans. It's just faster and easier that way. I also find that my floors are less streaky if I don't wait too long between cleanings. The shark does get streaky if my floors were pretty gross. If I go back over them again, the streaks go away.

Whenever it dies on me, I plan on trying the Haan. But I won't get the Eureka one again.
    Last edited by lhafer; 07-07-2011 at 08:03 AM.

I agree about the mop, everty few times I will use a mop or a rag and get on my knees. For the dining room at least, rooms that don't get super gross the steam mop is OK for - like bedrooms, living room - but the dining room gets GROSS. I don't know how people with carpet in the dining room live!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast