Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I forgot to add in my post - I would never suggest using a steam mop on wooden floors. If you are needing to clean wood floors, I suggest the Bona products. They are chemical free and safe to have around babies and pets. And they are made specifically for wood floors. Steam mops use water, and even though it dries - over time it can damage wood floors.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    I forgot to add in my post - I would never suggest using a steam mop on wooden floors. If you are needing to clean wood floors, I suggest the Bona products. They are chemical free and safe to have around babies and pets. And they are made specifically for wood floors. Steam mops use water, and even though it dries - over time it can damage wood floors.
    Hmm, I don't know about this - I've been using mop and bucket of soapy Murphy water on my wooden floor for decades, so why not a steam mop with no soap? We steam mop our hardwood floors in the living room and entry way several times a week (really - since the Eureka steam mop we mop multiple times a week rather than once a month!). No damage of any kind, but you have to use it right - never leave it in a spot for more than specified or you will damage the floor.

for Sandy Hook

logan's mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have the Eureka Envirosteamer and love it as much as it's possible to love a mop. It's not the most ergonomical design (the head is a big rectangle) but it gets hot enough to kill germs (unlike the Shark), and doesn't leave water on the floor. (My mom has one too....she has had trouble with hers leaving water on the floor once but it turns out she overfilled it and hasn't had trouble since she started reading the directions.)

I think the steam mop does a better job than a mop and bucket and doesn't leave a sticky residue on my floor. I have had my steammop since Christmas and use it 2x a week on about 1400 sq ft of sealed hardwood floors.

Quote Originally Posted by drako View Post
    For those of you with the Envirosteamer and the Haan - do you think either would work well on textured tile? We tried the Shark at one point and returned it because it didn't clean our floors well. It seems like the Envirosteamer and the Haan get hotter which help it clean better (according to Amazon reviews). We have four dogs and a toddler, so our floors can get dirty quick. That is why I am looking for something that is easy to clean our floors. We currently have a carpet/hardwood floor cleaner that scrubs the floor. It works well but it is so big and a pain to drag out once a week, plus it is very loud. I don't want to buy another gadget that doesn't work.
    My tile is very textured, lots of little grooves and such. My Eureka Envirosteamer does a great job on it! When I see a deeper groove that looks dry I just stop the steamer on it for a few seconds longer. I haven't had any problems with mine, received it Christmas '10. It gets pretty hot, the floor is even pretty warm to the touch after i use it. My cabinets must be higher because I can get the steamer under them with room to spare. I love mine!
    Finally #2 due April 17, 2015

DS - 8.22.08
    allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts
    outgrew wheat!

Update post 1.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Hmm, I don't know about this - I've been using mop and bucket of soapy Murphy water on my wooden floor for decades, so why not a steam mop with no soap? We steam mop our hardwood floors in the living room and entry way several times a week (really - since the Eureka steam mop we mop multiple times a week rather than once a month!). No damage of any kind, but you have to use it right - never leave it in a spot for more than specified or you will damage the floor.
    My dad does the same thing and their floors still look great, washes them with Murphys soap. Our house cleaner used some soapy concoction too and my floors still look great. I did buy the Bona Spray and it does work, but I would honestly prefer if they sold it in a bottle like Murphys does.

I am thinking of getting one of those Envirosteamers though mainly for my kitchen linoleum, and bathroom tile, which never ever look clean.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2