Default I am a bloated, farting, first trimester mess.

I had so many complications with DD that I never really knew what was normal pregnancy and what was just me.

Now I know that I am *not* one of those glowing pregnant ladies who wear pregnancy well.

I am a bloated, farting, mess.

I have now gained almost 8 lbs and I think it is mostly water. My shoes are already too tight. A friend who does not know I am pregnant commented on how swollen my feet were today.

And my abdomen is sore and swollen. How am I going to grow a baby in this space if it is so full of hot air? I have so much gas, I have stopped trying to hold it in or be discreet. In my home, car & office, I am pretty much breaking wind all day long. Talk about "hurricane season"!

I look bloated in the face and I have bags under my eyes. My skin has taken on a weird texture. My hair has gone to crap. I can't get it to style no matter what I try. Just limp.

My breasts hurt so much I can't stand hugging DD. None of my work pants fit me and my shirt all show my disgustingly bloated belly.

So...now I know. It wasn't the complications. It is just me. Just. Me. The big, fat, bloated, farting mess.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Congratulations and I'm so sorry for laughing but oh, do I know what you mean!

May it only be a 1st trimester thing.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Congrats! I totally know what you mean. I definitely never glowed with either DD. Here's hoping it all passes soon.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

And to top it all off..my jerk DH refuses to go get cookies and milk and a pre-natal for me. I must be so disgusting he can't even do that for me. It will only be a matter of days before he won't even be able to look at me.

ETA: he was reading over my shoulder...I had to write it. He didn't believe me that I would. He is getting the milk and cookies now.
    Last edited by amldaley; 07-06-2011 at 08:32 PM.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

soon2b4 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I felt much like that, too. FIL was always so kind to say how I was glowing... I never could quite buy it.
    PT for it to just be the first trimester!
    Enjoy your cookies
    Happily married to DH 01/96
    Mom to:
    DD1 01/04
    DD2 09/11

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

we can all relate! Isn't it fun having your own farts wake you up in the middle of the night? (I'm sure DH's love that!).

I loved being preggo first time around...this time around, not so much.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by amldaley View Post
    ETA: he was reading over my shoulder...I had to write it. He didn't believe me that I would. He is getting the milk and cookies now.
    the power of the BBB is amazing!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am not even pregnant and I have days like that. Yesterday was one of them, I walked around all day wishing I was pregnant (although that is not feasibly possible at all) because that could be a valid excuse as to why I was feeling so fat.

Isn't it insanely hot and humid in NC right now? That could be part of it too. I hate summer time because almost all of my shoes except my running shoes and my flip flops aren't comfortable.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)