Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Recommend your noise machine (for kids)

#2 is on the way and I have been told many time that a noise machine (for both) is a must. I see the expensive ones on baby sites, but does anyone have one they recommend? Gets the job done but not too unsightly?

Thanks!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We've had this one for many years and love it:

http://www.amazon.com/HoMedics-SS-20...0043363&sr=8-1

I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We got this one as a gift and really like it:
    http://www.amazon.com/Homedics-SS-30...0044428&sr=1-2

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just got this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001O04KA6 and LOVE it. My 5 year old has never slept well. She wakes up in the middle of the night for no reason, would wake me up, etc. Since I have gotten this - she has been sleeping through the night.

I got this one (it was more expensive than I wanted to spend) solely because of the spa sounds. I prefer that to *nature* sounds. And so does she. We keep it on all the time (which isn't an option on all of them). My DH reads to her at night, and he has mentioned getting one for us in our room! And he's not one to use a sound machine. It's programmed to lull you to sleep and work with your sleep patterns. You can set it on a timer or leave it on continuously. There is an on/off switch if you want to leave it on all night and turn it off during the day. I put batteries in ours. So if the power goes off - it will stay on. We have other clocks in her room, so I am not worried about this being her only clock/alarm.

It also worked on my 16 month old this past weekend. We visited the ILs and the girls slept in the same room - one in a toddler bed, and one in a pack n play. Last time we were there for the weekend, no one got any sleep because the girls woke up all the time every night. Not this past weekend!! They both slept AWESOME the entire trip!!

There are 2 models of this brand of sound machine (550 and 650). I had to go with the more expensive one (650) because I specifically wanted the Spa Sounds sound card. If you are just looking for white noise/nature sounds - there are several on the market that are good. I would recommend the HoMedics one .
    Last edited by lhafer; 07-07-2011 at 09:22 AM.

State of relief now that we will have sanity in the White House again

Have you considered using an inexpensive small fan? We have table fans in each of our rooms, and run them nightly. Does the trick for us
    ds 2004
    ds 2006
    ds 2008
    ds 2010

wendmatt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by *myfoursons View Post
    Have you considered using an inexpensive small fan? We have table fans in each of our rooms, and run them nightly. Does the trick for us
    That's what we use

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by *myfoursons View Post
    IMO there is nothing better than the Marpac/Sleepmate ones. They aren't recorded noise, but an actual motor that makes the white noise. And they last forever! We have two and absolutely love them.
    DD Spring 2010

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I like actual motors rather than the recorded sound of a motor, too.

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceepa View Post
    I like actual motors rather than the recorded sound of a motor, too.
    To me the sound is just sooo much better! I love the sound of an old box fan (the noisy ones) but don't like that they blow around so much dust.
    DD Spring 2010

I use two .99 nature mp3s on an old laptop

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast