Default What is BEST toddler night light for a 2 year old ?

What is BEST toddler night light for a 2 year old ? Our 27 month old is having a hard time going to bed without my husband or I sitting or laying next to him until he falls asleep. What night light would be the best to help him fall asleep? Does anyone recommend bedtime music to go with it or not?

I'd love an answer to this, too!

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I don't know how to determine what makes a nightlight "The Best", but my two year old likes her SPOKA light from Ikea. I like that it's rechargeable and the LED light has a long life-span.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
    I don't know how to determine what makes a nightlight "The Best", but my two year old likes her SPOKA light from Ikea. I like that it's rechargeable and the LED light has a long life-span.
    We have been using it for the last 4 months and we love it!! I wish we had gotten one when DS was a newborn because the lighting is soft and gentle.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have the Mobi Tike Light and DD1 loves it. We're getting DD2 one for Xmas.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have the Mobi Tike Light and DD1 loves it. We're getting DD2 one for Xmas.

Smile Cloud b Twilight Constellation Turtle Night Light is the BEST Nightlight !!

UPDATE: After much research we bought the Cloud b Twilight Constellation Night Light, Turtle. Our now 30 month old still has to have his turtle on when my husband puts him to bed. My husband is now able to put him to bed after 2 bedtime stories and the turtle! YEAH!! Just don't forget to bring it with you on vacation too or grandma's house!!!

I think there are many kids who are scared of the darkness and so need someone with them till asleep, but instead of putting light why don't you try to vanish his fear of darkness or else he will be scared of darkness forever.

I’ve been researching this topic for a few hours and found this post pretty helpful. Thanks for compiling the info in one spot.

You can get some good ones on eBay and amazon