Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default "3daypottytraining" - did you use this method? like/dislike? success?

all questions above. please share whatever your thoughts/experiences were with this method of PTing

thanks
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Love love love the method.....!!

It is def. hard core, three day boot camp for you. But in the end, if you do all the steps, your DS will be day trained and night trained!!
    We did it last memorial day weekend.
    We started with DD on a saturday morning and by sunday she was pretty much done with the accidents....and by monday she was potty trained.
    It took about a week for her to stay completely dry at night and during naps. She'll still have an accident here and there, but that's totally normal.

Like I said, it's a tough three days.........but it's only Three DAys and then you're done!!!
    Plus, I love the online support. She's always responded to me within 24hrs. of my question.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by newg View Post

It is def. hard core, three day boot camp for you. But in the end, if you do all the steps, your DS will be day trained and night trained!!
    We started with DD on a saturday morning and by sunday she was pretty much done with the accidents....and by monday she was potty trained.
    It took about a week for her to stay completely dry at night and during naps. She'll still have an accident here and there, but that's totally normal.

Like I said, it's a tough three days.........but it's only Three DAys and then you're done!!!
    Plus, I love the online support. She's always responded to me within 24hrs. of my question.
    thanks! was your DD regularly using the potty already when you tried this? DS uses the potty sporadically at best.

he is NEVER dry in the morning. occasionally dry after a nap. in general, he's still very comfortable in his diapers...

but we're headed into a preschool this fall that will not change poop diapers and i'm still a little unsure of their policy on a wet diaper. in general, i think the time is now for us to do this...
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by newg View Post

I tried it based on newg's rec and it!! We went from square one to fully potty trained including nights in less than a week.

3blackcats is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Honestly, I thought it was a complete waste of time and money. It did not work and I followed it to the letter. I think it works for some kids and not for others. I would save the $20 and just be positive with your child about using the potty. Dd was better about PTing when I did the exact opposite of what the plan said. My two cents....

Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't know what it says but we did our own version. But some things help - like DS being being dry during nights and naps. It's just how he is - we did not train him. What we did was take a long weekend and let him be naked from the waist down. We would put on plain pants at night - in case it got cool. The first day we just took him to the potty every 2 hours. No pressure but we used a reward. The first couple of times, just for sitting on the potty. We also got him a potty book with a character that he really likes and read a gazillion times during that time. After that we told him to do pee. And he did! We did give him plenty of water to make sure he makes enough pee. The second day we started to ask him before we took him and the third day was similar. From the first day, we put waterproof sheets under his bedspread, made sure he peed before every nap/sleep, and immediately after. We have had only one bed accident. But of course several otherwise - mostly because heroes not always tell us, and we forget to check with him. No diapers since at all. However, he still does not do poopin the potty - in his underwear or (gasp!) on the floor. We just clean up we are not pushing at all. So that is where we are after 1 week. What I don't know if that is called "potty trained". At least no tears! Btw, this was from zero acknowledgement by him, and having never tried the potty except watching his friends at school. So, we took a relaxed approach and he surprised us. But we are still working on it.

amm40 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We did it, and had a lot of fun with it. I think he loved the 3 days of undivided mommy attention! And I didn't mind the "break" from doing our normal routine either.

I was really surprised that it's worked for nights too, although it did take a couple of weeks, we've been dry for over a week now
    DS1 8/08
    DS2 8/11

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It worked like a charm for DS1. It did NOT work at all for DS2 (much more stubborn). I have no clue whether or not we will try it with DS3 or not, I think we're traumatized by how frickin' long it took to PT DS2...
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm not sure exactly how the program works but I trained my DD in 3 days. We basically just wore underwear all day and I let the accidents happen. The first day, she peed twice on the floor--complete wetness. The second day, underwear was just a little wet. Third day, she was running to the bathroom on her own!

I used a sticker chart from buybuybaby and jelly beans as a reward. I also bought a sticker pack that had "certificates" and gave those to her as a "receipt" for doing a good job. I just made sure to praise her a ton and we drank juice all day--something I normally don't give out.

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

We used it and it was very successful for daytime training. It didn't work at all for us for night time. I would recommend it though. It really worked for daytime. I honestly think my kids' bladders are not big enough yet for night time training. They are wet in the morning, but still head straight to the potty to pee first thing.

I don't think there is a method in existence that works for every child.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast