Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmh2402 View Post
    thanks! was your DD regularly using the potty already when you tried this? DS uses the potty sporadically at best.

he is NEVER dry in the morning. occasionally dry after a nap. in general, he's still very comfortable in his diapers...

but we're headed into a preschool this fall that will not change poop diapers and i'm still a little unsure of their policy on a wet diaper. in general, i think the time is now for us to do this...
    No potty experience before we started.....I had a potty sitting by the bathtub and while she was naked we'd have her sit on the potty before getting in the tub........sometimes she peed, sometimes not.
    We took the diaper off her on Saturday morning and that was her first time. She was usually wet in the mornings and after naps.
    We ended up doing (and still do at night)....the suggestion of waking the DC up and taking them potty at night.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I tried it based on newg's rec and it!! We went from square one to fully potty trained including nights in less than a week.
    yay!!!!!!

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by lmh2402 View Post
    yes, i am asking for myself/us. and i have considered exactly what you guys have voiced.

the concern is that we're staring nursery school in the fall and they require them to be at the very least, "toilet aware."

they will not change diapers.

we picked this school b/c it's the most laid-back environment of all the schools and it's the closest/most convenient. he's going to be in school during days that i'm working, so i have to count on my mom and the nanny to get him to and from school. so close is key.

i'm so worried. but i do think we're going to give this a try. and if it doesn't work. than we'll back off. but i've got to try. the premise of the "program" is to keep the whole thing overwhelmingly positive. so if it seems like it's too much stress for him, we'll just drop it.
    Okay, I let me go check and see what the book says...................

eta: there is nothing specific mentioned. I would email the author and ask her if she thinks the method will work for your DS and if she would have any extra steps you should follow.
    Last edited by newg; 07-11-2011 at 11:07 PM.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3