KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Need a birthday idea for a 3 year old!

I feel like I'm waiting until the last minute for gifts this year. Why do I do this??

Anyhow, DS2 turns 3 this week. I think I need 1 more thing. So far, we are giving him the Busytown game, automoblox minis, Duplo trains (James, Percy and someone else).

I also have the Duplo Firestation and that was my plan for the last gift. But, then I started wondering if it's too much Duplo.

He had his family party yesterday and got a bunch of Imaginext things. He's really enjoying those, but I do not think we need more right now.

He has the basic Thomas Duplo Set and likes that a lot. That's why I picked up more trains when I had a chance.

He likes Batman and is starting to like Spiderman and we've watched some of the old ones. Maybe a dress up costume is what I need. hmm. Off to look for those.

But, any other ideas??
    Kris

This might work: http://www.amazon.com/Comics-Boys-Ac...0441686&sr=1-4. Then he wouldn't have to dress up like Cinderella .
    Kris

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

that dress up trunk is awesome! I just made capes for a 2 year old and a 4 year old friend....they turned out really well and were easy.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Imaginext has Batman, I think. Good age for it.

Beth

He has a cape and uses it a lot. He and DD dress up as princesses quite often. Poor kid has tons of blackmail pictures of him as Thumbelina, Cinderella, etc .

So, I ordered the superheroes dress up trunk. I think he'll really like it and he will be able to get them on/off himself. I looked at single costumes and I'd be dressing him for sure.

He got the Imaginext Batmobile and Robin/Plane for his birthday and I picked up the BatCave on clearance to save for Christmas. I was hoping for something good that wasn't Imaginext.
    Kris

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Some new books just for him? DS2 got the Busytown game for his 3rd birthday and he LOVES it. He plays everyday I also bought him some Winnie the Pooh books (Borders sale) and some new Maisy books (another fave).
    K

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Books: Kingfisher First Encyclopedia. For that time he starts noticing the world around him and wants more information!

Games: Hiss by Gamewright (found at Toys R Us) -- Fun for him AND for the adults playing with him!
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11