I got my dress from Trumpington Bridal House in Westerville, Ohio. I love the dress and did not have a lot of dealings with the company, but that I did seemed to be good. I went into the store expecting to see gowns that were way out of my price range, but was pleasantly surprised to see that almost all their gowns were under $1000, and plenty within my price range (under $500).
I ended up getting my gown of my dreams on the clearance rack for $221.50! (It was originally $415). The girls that work in there, Allie and Natalie, actually went to high school with my brother and when I went in there for the first time there was a girl getting her bridesmaid dresses who went to college with my brother and they were telling me of all these people who went to high school with them who had been in there already today. Having the feel of these people who I knew and trusted around using this company was also helpful and reassuring.
I know for a fact that they do not do alterations in house, but they have a woman they can recommend (I am having mine done by someone who my family has used for years), but I cannot attest to her. They also have bridesmaid dresses and MOB dresses, but I did not look at those.
My mom picked up the dress since I live in SC, but she said that the owner was not the nicest to the girls who worked there, but the girls were all sweet and very helpful when I spoke with them over the phone. Overall, I enjoyed working with this company.