Default Anyone done the Alaska cruise?

We're getting ready to do the cruise out of Vancouver, and we're so excited! Just wondering if anyone else has done it? Love to hear about your experiences, and if you absolutely LOVED (or hated!) any of the shore excursions or any of the onboard kid experiences...

Thanks so much!

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise but never have. I'd love to hear your feedback after the trip. Have fun!

Will do!

My travel agent was on the 1st Alaska cruise and they loved it!
    Cathleen
    Mom to DS 8, DD 5 and a Greyhound Princess

We've done an Alaska cruise out of Seattle. We loved it! The only thing that was a bummer was the weather...it was never warm enough to truly enjoy the pool on the top deck of the ship. As for specific sites, I really enjoyed Skagway and Ketchikan, and also Victoria--not so much Juneau. Bring a good pair of binoculars for the day when you go through the inside passage. Also, having a balcony in your stateroom is a huge bonus in my opinion. We didn't, but our friends did. Because of the weather you probably won't be spending long periods of time sitting on the balcony, but having 24/7 access to views of magnificent glaciers would truly be something! Enjoy!

lablover is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    I've always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise but never have. I'd love to hear your feedback after the trip. Have fun!
    Mom to:
    DS - 2003
    DD - 2006

To those of you that were interested, the Alaska cruise was AMAZING!!! The scenery was unbelievably beautiful... Just sitting and watching everything go by is something I won't soon forget. On our shore excursions, we saw whales bubble netting, and brown bears foraging. And from the ship, we saw tons of whales and eagles. And I can't forget watching a calving glacier!

The cruise line itself is wonderful. Disney really knows how to get things perfect. And if they can't make it perfect, you feel like they at least tried their best. The ship is clean, the food is amazing, and the service is unbelievable. This is definitely an experience I hope to do again someday, and if anyone reading this is thinking about doing a Disney cruise, I say, do it!