Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default How many nursing pads would you buy?

I can get a pretty good deal on them right now, but would have to buy a LOT. I can't remember how many I used last time, but I can only use 1 kind which always seem more expensive. I'm super sensitive and any others just hurt way too much. They'd be cheaper this way, but I'd have to get 5 boxes, I think (36 in a box). Do you think that's way too many? I wish I remembered last time. I just remember I kept sending someone to the store to get more for me...

Thanks!

I know that some women leak more/longer than others so it will vary, but how long do you plan on nursing? I think that I used at least that many in the ten months that I nursed.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Given that you remember sending other people to the store to keep buying more. And that you are so particular what you want, I'd buy them

I don't remember using more than 1 box, total. so for myself I would not. But I had low supply problems and obviously didn't leak.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I wouldn't buy that many just based on personal experience. With DD1 and DD2 I used them a LOT. So when I was PG with DS I figured I'd plan ahead and have several boxes on hand. I used one box and opened another but have only used a few out of it. My milk supply is just fine, but I'm leaking way way less this time around. So now I have several extra boxes of pads that I'm pretty sure I'm not going to use and it's past the point of being able to return them.
    Jen

Dd is 2 mo and I have easily used that many if not more. If they are a good deal, I'd get them.
    Becky
    Delighted Mommy to the little Jackpot 7/08, sweet baby K 5/11 and baby 3 due Christmas 2012.

you can always give unopened boxes as gifts for new moms (or donate to crisis pregnancy center)
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by misshollygolightly View Post
    you can always give unopened boxes as gifts for new moms (or donate to crisis pregnancy center)

I would totally get them

I never leaked, but if I had, I wouldn't pass up a good deal like that

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have used 5 boxes of #60 so far and DD is 14wks old, but I leak a little throughout the day and a lot at night.

bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks. I think I'll go ahead and buy them. Worst case scenario, I could save the leftovers to use with a future child. It'll be nice to have a stock on hand this time. Last time I was always trying to conserve them.

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DD just turned 1 month and so far, I've used up 2 boxes of Lansinoh Ultra Soft, J&J box (60 count). I'm almost done with another box of the Ultra Softs too.

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast