Default Birthday gift for a 2 year old boy?

We are going to a birthday party for a boy in DD's daycare. He is turning 2. I would like to spend between $10 and $15. He is interested in pretty normal 2 year old stuff. Cars, trucks, things with buttons/sounds, water toys, and books. He is into Toy Story, Kung Fu Panda and Cars. Any suggestions on what to buy? I don't know anything about 2 year olds and very little about what boys like since I am used to a 1 year old girl.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Toy Story Mr. Potatohead. Mr. Potatohead was the surprise hit here. I'm astounded by how much fun the girls have with him. I was also glad to see a "real" toy that is for ages 2+.

ETA: well, it looks like the toy story ones don't come with that many pieces. We have this for the girls:
    http://www.amazon.com/Playskool-Pota...0735949&sr=1-6

We got two on sale from Target for like $9.99. Money well spent.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 07-15-2011 at 09:20 AM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

a pack of do-a-dot-markers and one of the coloring books to go with it. That should be about $15 as they are expensive but they're great! My girls played with them at a child care at the grocery store recently and loved them so they are now my 2-4yo standby gift.

toby is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Maybe some Kung Fu panda "action figures" or, my DS really liked the Cars character cars. You could probably get three of those...

Or, how about some Duplos or whatever those first Legos are called?

Richard Scarry books are great for this age- lots to look at. Cars and Trucks and Things that Go was a favorite around here, as was Busy, Busy Town.
    Last edited by toby; 07-16-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Last time I was at Toys R Us they had Toy Story duplos on sale. A set of those (or any duplo set) would be great for 2 year old.