Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am from an area where no one does second showers unless kids are more than say 3 to 5 yrs. apart or a mom happens to move to a new area and is pregnant. When I moved to So Cal, had DD1, then made mommy friends I got invited to six showers for second children, and only two of those were for twins. All of those moms knew the sex of the baby except one. All but one the kids were less than 3 yrs. apart. No one offered to throw me a shower for DD2 (but we didn't know the sex) and I was upset about it because I thought it was the norm, however I never once said anything. Even a brunch would've been nice, but no one thought to do that too. Moral of the story is go with it, and have fun. These types of things don't happen all of the time and it's just a good sign that you have some wonderful friends!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Some friends hosted a shower for baby number 3. At first, I felt really funny and I am the type that doesn't like to be the center of attention anyway. But they had fun doing it and the gifts I got were great. Lots of clothes and little fun things to celebrate our new baby. It was also a good excuse for us to get together.

Have fun and think of it as a celebration of your baby!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Quote Originally Posted by amldaley View Post
    Graciously accept but ask them for a sprinkling instead of a shower? Let them know you have most everything you need, but you would still love to get together for some party games and good times.

If you REALLY don't want gifts, ask them to donate to a charity.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My friends knew I didn't need anything but they all pitched in some money so I could buy a nice new diaper bag. They didn't spend much and the point of the sprinkle was then on socializing vs opening gifts. It was really nice. I don't know how you could ask for that but maybe hint.

Beth

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBaby View Post
    I second the sprinkle idea! No nEed to register or deal with all that jazz. Just something for you and your friends. Your friends will be happy about it
    ITA! A tea party, or a luncheon. I think every baby deserves a celebration, it doesn't have to be about 'stuff' for the baby. I saw one on TV once where everyone brought food to freeze for after the baby is born. I thought that was ingenius!
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Bens Momma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I do think it's nice to "celebrate" every baby whether it's your first or fifth! I get feeling uncomfortable about the gift part, but it sounds like you have a great group of friends that want to do something for you. I love the idea of a casserole party ie everyone brings a dish that you can freeze and use at your leisure after the baby is born. Having prepared meals is worth it's weight in gold especially if you have a newborn and other kids' needs to balance!

Good luck and enjoy whatever celebration they give you!
    Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS
    and the third musketeer arriving in early Fall!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2