Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball Mommie View Post
    Latia-I'd be willing to try the tea, but I don't know if I can get it where I am. We don't have a WF close by, but my natural food store might have some. If they do, I will give it a shot. Does it really taste like coffee? I like tea, and while I like coffee, I am not a big coffee drinker. I also don't put cream in anything I drink (coffee or tea) - would it taste ok black?
    You should be able to find it at any health food store. The Traditional Medicinals brand is pretty popular. It's on Amazon too.

I'm a tea drinker too-- white tea with honey (although not right now because I'm not eating honey). I don't like coffee plain and the only time I drink it is when I have a frappuccino when we're travelling usually. I don't think it tastes like coffee really but it does have an "earthy" taste. Kind of like soil or roots! It is from the roots of the dandelion. I have no problem drinking it though like some other medicinal teas-- I can't stand the taste of the Mother's Milk Tea for breastfeeding for instance. When I was pregnant I never put cream in the dandelion tea. I just drank it black and sweetened it with honey. I had no problem drinking a cup a day. Now I'm sweetening it with the xylitol and I find the cream mellows out the rooty taste.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
    Well I went on vacation and regained 4 lbs Even though I ran 3 times that week.

So back to phase 1 for me. Starting tomorrow

I also got a copy of Mari Windsor's 20 minute pilates workout. I've never done pilates before but I watched the video and a lot of the exercises are the same as the ones I did with a PT to strengthen my core. it's just amped up. Someone recommended it to me as an alternative to dieting back when she was nursing and burning the candle at both ends. I'm curious to see how it works for me.
    I was wondering what happened to you Melinda! Glad you're back and back on the wagon. Hopefully those 4lbs go away quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by alirebco View Post
    I'm down another couple pounds so 5 lbs from pp weight and then another 10 or so to my goal. I haven't been exercising since I've been sick and recovering but am getting back to shredding tomorrow.

I'm pretty strictly primal so no dairy and no grains at all. If I cheat, it is with sugar like dark chocolate. My body doesn't crave grains at all which is good because it causes me many digestive issues.
    That's great Alicia! Congrats! What's shredding? I don't think I could go totally primal since the dairy is what gets me through breakfast since I hate eggs. I find that I don't really miss the grains either.

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, I decided that I just can't do the Phase 1. I joined WW instead!

Starting this weekend, my husband and I are going to try juice fasting and see how that goes. He wants to do it for 60 days. I am not sure I want to go that long - we'll see how it goes.

He got inspired by the Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead documentary. I got the juicer yesterday. Need to go stock up on some stuff to make juices!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2